Saturday June 11th, 2022 DAY OUT in AKRON With Betty and Sunday the 12th

 Betty picked me up at 10:15 and we headed to Akron to go to Kathleen Contrino's place that I learned about during her presentation during the Allegany Nature Pilgrimage.  We found it easily, but it took double the amount of time that mapquest said it would.  Kathleen was there to meet us, along with a young man she hired to help her out with some tasks.  She gave us a couple of maps and set us loose.

We had a nice walk on some of her property in spite of LOTS of geese poop.  Unfortunately, Betty was wearing flip flops, but she often wears them when we are hiking.  The pathway for the bird trail had not been mowed, so we skipped that.  

Kathleen showed us some garden decoration items she has for sale.  I purchased a small blue glass heart for five dollars.  Kathleen said it came with something to hang it up, but she could not find the hangers.  







Murder Creek




 We drove by a former schoolhouse and stopped to take pictures, and the owner invited us in.  The owners older sister attended Kindergarten in the school.  



Then we continued on to Akron hoping to find a place to have lunch.  We went into an antique/collectible store which advertised a cafe, but the cafe only serves drinks and snacks.  The ladies there recommended THE CANDY APPLE, so we had lunch there.

We stopped at   BUBBALOUS for ice cream.  I had a DOLE STRAWBERRY WHIP,

which is lactose free and it was pretty good. While driving on Main Street on the way to Paula's Donuts we noticed a small "festival" so we stopped.   Turns out it was BUFFALO'S BESTIVAL, basically several vendors and a couple of food trucks.  







I bought a FLAMINGO for my front garden from this fellow.

Our last stop was at PAULA'S DONUTS and we each bought a donut to take home.

I napped and relaxed for the rest of the day and had a light supper of black cherries, yogurt and granola.  

The ladies who went to the retreat have been posting lots of pictures on facebook.  They had a great time. 

SUNDAY:    

church was good.  I napped in the afternoon.  Leslie called and we talked for a while.  She agreed to send me a list of the geocaches she found so that I can make sure I logged all of my finds.  She found more than I did, because I chickened out a few times.  Altogether, I found 19 geocaches while in ASP.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023