SATURDAY June 18th, 2022 and SUNDAY June 19th

SATURDAY:  I called Becky to tell her about the basket raffle at ACE HARDWARE.  I called Betty to remind her that tonight is the bluegrass concert in Johnson Creek.  She wants to go and will invite both Myrna and Elaine E. to accompany us.

Pam called, wanting to go to ACE for their event todayl  I hated to say I can't because I have been trying to get together with her for several weeks.  She finished up her job at the school next Tuesday and will have the summer free.  

I met up with Peggy at MULLENS and we looked at a stackable washer and dryer, and then went to Home Depot so I could show her the one I saw there the other day.  Then we met up with Mike and Gail at THE FIELDSTONE for lunch.  


Mike had brought a box of old family photographs and we looked at some of them.  

When I got home, there was a message from Betty saying that she changed her mind about going to Johnsons Creek for the bluegrass concert.
I took a nap, and when I got up I took a half hour walk around my neighborhood. I called Myrna and we talked for a while.


SUNDAY:

Church was good this morning.   Early on in the sermon, Pastor Craig pulled out a package of KitKats and said the first Dad to come up gets these.  Two Dads ran up.  I don't know either one of them.  After church, Betty, Glenda, Jan and I went to Denny's for lunch, but when we were told we would have a 45 minute wait, we decided to walk next door to ARBY'S, and that worked out well.  I had the roast turkey and swiss sandwich, fries and a drink.   I took the cheese out of my sandwich.  It was very good.


When I got home, I got the garbage and recyclables ready but then realized that most likely there is not going to be a pick up tomorrow since it is Juneteenth.  Anyways, it is ready to go.  I watered my plants and fed a couple of them.  I called Myrna and suggested that she try HOTEL PORTOFINO on PBS tonight.  

I took a nap and had a light supper and then I met up with Betty and we walked for forty minutes or so.  I talked to Peggy on the phone about washing machines!!!  Then I watched HOTEL PORTOFINO, which does not seem like it is the very first episode.

Set in the breathtakingly beautiful resort town of Portofino, this series is about personal awakening at a time of global upheaval in the traumatic aftermath of World War I.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024