THURSDAY June 23rd, FRIDAY June 24th, 2022, and SATURDAY the 25th, 2022.

 THURSDAY:   Peggy called several times this morning, regarding possible changes of the start time for our REVELATION study group.  We finally settled on 12:30 and I said I would provide lunch.  I went to NIAGARA PRODUCE and purchased grapes and cider in the morning.  I made a macaroni salad.

I left early for the meeting and went to Dollar Tree and bought a birthday card for Tyler and sandwiches at Arby's before going to the church.  

It was just the three of us (Peg, Betty and I) in the group today.  Peg and Betty liked the sandwiches. I took a basket of clothing of Peggy's that needs to go through the dryer, and I took care of that when I got home.  Peg stopped by after her medical appointment to get them.  She gave me $20 to purchase lunch for the three of us the next time we meet, which will be in two weeks.


FRIDAY:  I got up wanting to do something since it was looking like a very nice day.  I called Betty and she said she wanted to stay home and I could not reach Jan, so I decided to just stay home and get a few things done.  I watered my flower gardens and planted the fourth tomato plant, and cleaned and straightened the front porch.  Just as I was finishing up on the porch, Pam called and asked me if I wanted to join her at LIGHTHOUSE CHRISTIAN CAMP, since she just rented a small cabin for one night.  At first, I thought "no, only one night, all of that stuff to pack for only one night" so I told Pam to give me an hour to finish up a couple of jobs I had already started here at home and think about it and then I would call her.  I actually decided to join her after about twenty minutes, so I called her and we discussed what food items we would need. I found two burger patties in my freezer and started to thaw them out.  INDEED, it is a real chore to get everything needed necessary!

I called Peg and told her that I will be away. We talked for a while mostly about how ROE vs WADE has been overturned.  We are concerned about the CareNet Pregnancy Center...............will the wackos riot and destroy?  Prayer is necessary.  

Pam and I met up at my house a little after four p.m.  We drove to LIGHTHOUSE CHRISTIAN CAMP


and got settled into our little cabin, ABRAM, which is the closest one to the bathrooms. A brand-new fire pit was delivered, and they moved a picnic table to a nice shady spot for us. 

We took a nice long walk around the camp stopping to spend some time on the "shore". 

and bought some firewood at the Camp Store.  Pam cooked burgers in her Foreman grill and then we started a fire in the brand-new fire pit so we could have s'mores.  We thoroughly enjoyed sitting around the fire especially after it got dark, and the air became cool.   Pam really enjoyed starting the fire and poking at it with a stick.  

SATURDAY:  Pam's phone woke us up a little before nine a.m.  A friend called her, very upset, because she lost the key to her storage unit.  We had breakfast and packed up and headed for home.  I told Pam that spending the night at "camp" was a great idea.  I went to Millers and bought a few items including a sandwich and also at Harris Farms where I purchased a four pack of donuts.  When I got home, I had several phone messages. 

Carol called and she will not be available to meet up with Mary and I when I go to Oneonta next month.

I was on the phone with Spectrun for an hour or so after I found out that I could not get into Spectrum TV on my ROKU TV.  I found the movie INTO THE WILD on Netflix and started watching it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024