Thursday, June 30th, 2022

 In the morning, I led Peggy's FREEDOM GROUP at FREEDoM CHURCH.  Those present were Jan, Maggie, Mary and Lisa.  Cindi came late, I think after she and Jack golfed.  The meeting went very well.  Maggie and Jan invited me to a get together at their apartment complex on the 4th of July (Monday), starting at three p.m. or so.  After the meeting, Cindi,  Mary and I went to THE FIELDSTONE for lunch.  I took these pictures of some of the sunflowers that are growing all along the front and south side of the restaurant:






I napped in the afternoon and read my book THE WILD TRUTH by Carine McCandless, the sister of Christopher McCandless, the  young man who perished in Alaska after close to two years of tramping and exploring the wilderness, without any contact with his family.


  The book is very good.  I watched some of  BACKSTAGE LIVE AT THE RYMAN (it is a three hour special that was live a night or two ago, featuring the guys who run The Daily Wire.    I watered my flowerbeds since we have not had much rain lately.  

Leslie called, in response to my invitation for her to come to Lockport for a visit.  She will either come tomorrow, kind of late in the day, after working (with the MEALS ON WHEELS program in her apartment building) or drive here on Saturday.  I worked in Carrie's room, straightening and moving things and making sure she will have room to put some of her belongings.  

I called Betty and she and I agreed that I will ride along with her to the dermatology clinic tomorrow.  She will pick me up a little before ten thirty a.m.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024