WEDNESDAY, June 29th, 2022 COMMUNITY GARDEN BLOCK PARTY


 In the morning, I ran several errands including taking my cooler over to FREEDOM CHURCH since they needed it for the BLOCK PARTY at the Community Garden.  I went to WalMart and purchased the game SEQUENCE and a few other items including some food items to take to the Little Food Pantries.  I also picked up some items at the Dollar Tree.  I delivered food to two of the pantries and then went to the library and picked up two books they had on hold for me.  I picked up maps for the Garden Walk at the Discovery Center.

When I got home, I found a phone message from Betty regarding our friend Ann Stimson.  She was involved in a bad accident last night, when her son accidentally backed over her with a small tractor (apparently a new lawn tractor that he was trying out for the first time).  She is in ICU at ECMC with several broken bones.  Peggy told me that Pastor Craig has already been to see her and she is conscious and will start several surgeries tomorrow.  I know Ann from church and the ladies Life Group on Tuesday mornings.  She lost her husband (a former pastor) a few years ago. 

I called Tyler and left a HAPPY BIRTHDAY message for him, since he turns SEVENTEEN today.  

I arrived at the Community Garden at five thirty p.m. and helped set up for the block party.  I was part of the food service team:   Amy Banks, Jenny, Dee, Betty and I.  Betty did not show up on time, so Peggy called her and I guess she had forgotten to watch the time.  She did arrive in time for the food to be served.   We served pizza, drinks, chips and deserts to over two hundred people and had to send people out to get extra water, and order a few extra pizzas.  












Before people arrived!And before the bounce houses were completely set up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024