Monday, August 22, 2022 and Tuesday August 23rd, 2022

 MONDAY:  I slept horribly last night and was already planning my nap when I got up.  A few weeks ago at the Community Market, I stopped at the Healthy Neighborhoods Program table and got information.  I scheduled an appointment for this morning at ten a.m.  Mark came and checked all of my smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors and put two new smoke detectors up.  He also gave me a new fire extinguisher, a first aid kid, a grabber, mousetraps and an envelope full of information which I will check out later on.  


When I was eating lunch and watching TV, I accidentally spilled lemonade on my tray table.  The tiniest bit got on the remote control, and it stopped working.  I called ROKU to hopefully order a new one but was put on hold and finally gave up.  A guy in the electronics department in Wal-Mart told me that they carry them, and they should have a delivery of them tomorrow.  

My plans for the evening were to go to the car show at Ida Fritz Park and see Elvis impersonator Terry Buchwald, however heavy early afternoon rain caused it to be cancelled.  I notified Jan, Betty and Lori, and we are all hoping that the rain date (9/12) works out.

I went to the library to update my library card and to Rite Aid to pick my script.  I left this rock outside the library in one of the garden areas.   



Then I decided to pick up supper at Reids:  a white hot and fries.  I took them home and tried my remote and it worked, so I found a movie to watch (LIES HE TOLD).

I dozed off and missed the end of a LAW-AND-ORDER SVU that I had not seen before, and then I was listening to the news and dozing off again when Betty called at 10:25 p.m.  The guy who lives below her thought he was having a heart attack.  I think he was taken to the local hospital by ambulance and Betty is taking his girlfriend to the hospital to be with him.  


TUESDAY:   I got a LOT of sleep last night, and had to rush a bit to get ready in time for the Tuesday morning Ladies Life Group.  We had talked about going to the Sunflower Farm after group today, but it rained a lot last night and we were concerned about the ground being wet, so we decided not to go.  We decided that next Tuesday (August 30th), we will stay after the meeting and order Chinese food and play games (such as SEQUENCE) for a while.  We will not meet on Tuesday September 6th, because Elaine (our leader) will be on vacation.  

Several of us (me, Glenda, Elaine, Cindi, Dee) went to THE FIELDSTONE for lunch.  I went to the DOLLAR TREE to pick up birthday cards for Peggy and Cassandra and got some other items, too.

I took a nap, had a light supper and did a few things around the house.  I talked with Betty on the phone and then Myrna, also talked with Peggy.  She went to see Jim Anders in a hospital in Buffalo earlier today.  He is recovering from a stroke and waiting for a bed in rehab, hopefully he will get one soon, in Lockport.  

I found the British series BODYGUARD on Netflix and started watching it in the evening.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023