Saturday, August 20th MUD CREEK CENTRAL RAILROAD/Akron/Lobster Dinner

 I picked both Pam and Jan up around ten thirty a.m. this morning and we headed out to the MUD CREEK CENTRAL RAILROAD, which was having an open house.  Using directions, I got from a mapquest and a Niagara County map we found our way there easily.  There were a lot of cars and people there already.  I purchased two tickets for Jan and I to ride the small train.  Pam did not want to go on it.  I enjoyed the ride immensely.  It was a long ride, probably 20 minutes, through fields and forest areas.   Basically, it is a giant layout of a miniature train, complete with sign, railroad crossings and buildings, even a bigfoot!  The train derailed twice and had to be put back on the tracks. Picture taking was forbidden.  Pam took this picture of the train Jan and I were on as it returned to the "station".


 The facebook description says this:    "1 1/2" scale railroad club. We have 6000' of main line track with sidings, engine house, turn table, bridges, tunnel, and a trestle."  This description is quite accurate. 

After we had seen everything, we decided to go to Akron for lunch.  First, we went into two antique/collectible places.  I particularly liked this one:  



I don't know what they are celebrating but they had live music and refreshments.  None of us purchased anything. 

All of the restaurants on Main Street were either closed or only open for takeout.  So we went to the CANDY APPLE CAFE.  I had potato pancakes.  After that, we went back to Lockport, and I dropped them off.

In the evening, I took corn muffins, vegetable salad and chocolate pudding to Peggy's house.  David prepared crab and lobster (which we purchased yesterday) on the grill.  The lobster was perfectly seasoned.  Then we watched this movie: 

THE 15:17 TO PARIS  

It is a true story and we all enjoyed it.  

I was straightening out my purse today and realized that I was missing my EBT card.  I looked in the car and other places around the house where I may have placed it.  No luck.  I will continue looking tomorrow.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023