SUNDAY August 21st SIZZLING SUMMER or SUMMER SIZZLER (Seniors Event)

After church today, Peggy held an event for the seniors.  We met up (I think there were 26 of us) at the Parkside Drive-In right across the road from Day Road Park for lunch.  We had a row of picnic tables inside the rear shelter.  I had a grilled chicken sandwich and a Dr. Pepper.  I sat with Peggy, David, Glenda, Jan and Pam.   After we were finished with lunch, we walked over to HALF BAKED, a cookie and ice cream place.  I didn't think I would be able to get anything to eat since I can't eat ice cream and I didn't want to pay four dollars for a cookie, but when I went up to buy Louise Meisenburg a hot fudge sundae (she is still concerned about being close to a lot of people, due to COVID), I noticed that they offered peach shortcake, so I had some.  It was pretty good.  

I tried to get pictures of everyone who was there today.




I relaxed at home the rest of the day, rather than taking a nap, since I was not tired due to having Dr. Pepper.  I typed out a letter to my friend Judy and watched a movie named TRESPASS with Nicolas Cage and Nicole Kidman.  I also folded laundry and put most of it away.  Lori Rivers called and asked if I was planning on going to see Terry Buchwald tomorrow night.  We agreed to meet up at Ida Fritz Park at five thirty.  I messaged Jan and she will join us.  

I found the movie ....FIRST DO NO HARM with Meryl Streep and watched it in the evening.  


I found my EBT card laying on the floor in the bathroom, next to the toilet.  Apparently, it was in a pocket of my capris that I laid over the grab bar, and it slid out onto the floor.  

Terry Buchwald was cancelled due to rain. A rain date has been set for September 12th.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024