TUESDAY, August 30th Ladies Life Group and More and WEDNESDAY, August 31st

 TUESDAY At the end of the LADIES LIFE GROUP, our leader (Elaine D. who has led this group for a very long time, many years before I started) announced that she and her husband will be leaving Freedom Church to move forward on their next ministry. REVIVAL FIRE MINISTRIES out of Batavia. We were all in shock.  However, I think others, besides me, have noticed and realized that her ability to lead the group has deteriorated over the past few years.  Today was her last day leading.  The rest of us will meet in two weeks and discuss how we will continue, and who might be our leader.  Many of us want Cindi to take over, and she would be excellent, but she has indicated that she does not want to. She just started her own FREEDOM GROUP on Saturday mornings. 

When the meeting was over, Cindi went out to pick up Chinese food from the Mayflower and a couple of others went to other places to pick up lunch, and many of us ate lunch together.  Then several of us stayed to play SEQUENCE.  I was at a table with Elaine, Ann and Karen.   We formed teams and played three games. Ann and I were partners and Karen and Elaine were partners.  Karen and Elaine won the third game making them the champs.  At the other table was Glenda, Cindi and Dee, who were playing individually.  Dee was basically teaching Glenda and Cindi how to play.  They were using my board and I was willing to wait while they finished the game, but they decided to just quit because it did not appear that there were any opportunities for any one of them to get a run.  

In the evening, I made some phone calls and arranged for a day trip to Niagara Falls via the Discover Niagara Shuttle.  It will be this coming Friday.  Marlene, Cindi, Vicky and I will go.  It is supposed to be good weather.  


WEDNESDAY:  I took the car to BASIL TOYOTA for a nine a.m. appointment.  The mileage is so low that they did not do an oil change, but the tires were rotated and fluids checked, etc.  I decided that since I was already out and about on the Transit that I would go to the GOOD WILL.  However when I got there, it was not open yet.  I decided to go to T.J. Maxx, and I am not sure yet if that was a mistake or not.  As soon as I walked in the door, I saw a pair of jeans that I LOVED.  Kinda stretchy, very dark blue and narrow at the ankle:  twenty dollars.  I thought I might find a new top to go with them so I started looking around.  I found two other items that I liked.  A dark green button down over shirt and a blue zip front medium weight hoodie.  I tried all three items on and they all fit, so I bought all three.  SEVNTY DOLLARS.  I then went to the GOOD WILL, where I found three items that were half price today.  They came to eight dollars.

I really did not need the dark green button-down shirt since I purchased one the last time I was in Hilton Head (at an Old Navy).  However, the new one is much nicer, a heavier weight that hangs nicely.  I will give the other one to Peggy.  Before going home, I went through the Drive Thru at Arby's and bought a turkey/swiss sandwich.  I had half for lunch and saved the other half for supper.

I had a nice nap this afternoon, since I slept so little last night.  I decided to NOT take the new medication that Dr. Paolini prescribed for me, I think it might be responsible for my sleeping problems getting worse the past few nights.  

I spoke with Dee on the phone and she wants to go to Niagara Falls on Friday with me and a few others. She said she is looking for a walker on wheels.  I really do not think she should go on this day trip, mostly because she will slow the rest of the group down.  She has been walking really slowly lately, especially since she returned to New York after wintering down south with her daughter.  So, I hope she either does not find a walker with wheels or she decides not to join us.

In the evening, I worked on sorting through pictures I took during my 2009 trip to Oregon.  Some were already in my flickr account but many were not.  I figured out which ones are not and set them aside to scan within the next couple of days.    I also washed my sheets and put them back on my bed.  I did a load of laundry including the three new items from the GOOD WILL.  

Myrna and I talked on the phone in the evening.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023