Wednesday August 24th and Thursday August 25th and Friday August 26th, 2022

WEDNESDAY: I had an appointment with my ear, nose and throat doc this morning.  He changed the medication that he prescribed for acid reflux to something milder.  He also removed some stringy wax from my left ear. After that, I decided to go to Wegmans mostly because I have been craving cottage cheese and the stores in Lockport do not sell LACTAID cottage cheese.  I decided to finish of my Wegmans gift card so purchased toilet paper, tissues and other non-food items.  I also purchased several food items including a chicken salad sandwich, which I ate on the way home.  I also stopped at HI-QUALITY and filled up on gasoline, since that is the cheapest place to get gas and I was going right by it.

I looked over the receipts that Marlene gave me and wrote her a check for my half of our meals in the lodge in Glacier.  Barb called to tell me that she and the others plan to meet at Day Road Park at noon on Friday.  I told her that I have a travel meeting at the Dale at ten a.m. on Friday, but will probably be done in time to meet up with the group at the park.  

I prepared chicken kabobs (actually they were already prepared when I purchased them at Wegmans) and baked cabbage for supper.  Everything was delicious!  I have enough for another meal.  I watched the second episode of LEONARDO and then returned to BODYGUARD.  

Becky called and cancelled our overnight trip to Clymer to find an ancestor's gravesite.  I think this is the third time she has cancelled and now I kind of think it will not ever happen. 

THURSDAY: Betty, Peggy and I met at Freedom Church this morning for our REVELATION (with Perry Stone) study.  It was really good.  After that, Betty and I helped Peggy set up for drinks and deserts after a funeral for Pam Intrabartolo that was held there.  The family had provided LOTs and LOTs of cookies, brownies, coffee cakes, muffins, etc. and we set those up at the coffee bar, with coffee and hot water for tea.


Everything went very well.  There was a LOT of leftover stuff, which Betty and I boxed up for the family to take with them.  I packaged up a box of goodies and took them to Myrna before going home.  I took a nap, and was woke up when Peggy opened the front door.  She and I worked out in the garage for a while.  She mentioned that she had good coupons for Arby's and I suggested we have leftover SOS and salad here at my house, so we did that.  Then we drove to Outwater Park and took a long walk.  

Just as we were getting in the car, Peg got a phone call from Frank Ander (our Aunt Linda's former husband)/  Peg had been trying to reach him to tell him that his brother Jim Ander is in the hospital after suffering a stroke.  Frank was glad that Peggy reached him with the news about his brother and he can get in touch with the two other brothers who live in or near Lockport.  

Dennis Prager interviewed Kenneth R. Timmerman, who wrote this book, which I want to get.  The Lockport Library does not have it yet.   


FRIDAY:   I went to the TRAVEL CLUB meeting at the Dale Association (Lockport Senior Center).  It was very interesting, but I don't think any of the trips discussed interest me.  Then I went home.  I decided to upload Peggy's wedding pictures to her flickr account.  She asked me to do that a couple of weeks ago.  Then I decided that I could put the actual photographs in an album and give it to Peggy for her birthday which is tomorrow.  For a moment, I was thinking of going to WalMart to get an album but them remembered that I have a LOT of albums.  Granted, they are full of pictures!  But I found one that is just the right size, easy to handle and her pictures fit.  It took me quite a while to take the pictures out that were in it, they are from a trip to Oregon many years ago.  I am pretty sure they are already uploaded to MY flickr, so I will probably give them to Meg or Cassandra or Tyler.  

In the evening, I found the movie A CALL TO SPY, a true story about  British spies sent to France during WW2.  

Myrna fell in her bathroom earlier today and won't be able to join Peg, David, Pam, Betty and I at the Amherst Buffet tomorrow afternoon when we go to celebrate Peg's birthday.  We have come up with a couple of things to do to keep Myrna in the loop.  While driving to the Amherst Buffet we will call Myrna and she can be included when we sing Happy Birthday to Peg.  Also, on Sunday, we will take a birthday cake to Myrna's place after church and share that with her.  Cindy will go with us, since at two p.m. she and I are going to go to a meeting regarding the restoration of the old train station here in Lockport.  We will pick up the cake tomorrow after lunch and keep it at Peg's house until we need it Sunday.  

I am so psyched that Cindi and her friend Jennifer (who I do not know) will be joining me at Allegany State Park for the first several days of my week in October.  Hopefully, I will find someone else to come on the weekend.  Cindi will need to leave Friday evening in order to be home for the FREEDOM GROUP she leads on Saturday morning.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024