Sunday, September 25, 2022 and Monday, September 26th and Tuesday the 27th, FORSYTH- WARREN BAR FARM and CEMETERY info.

 

SUNDAY:  I left the house a half hour earlier today in order to pick up a prescription at Rite Aid.  I also went to the two other Rite Aids hoping to find more vests in different colors in my size.   Both stores had the vests marked way down, but not in my size.

After church, Betty, Glenda, me and Mary Watt went to lunch at THE OLIVE LEAF.  We had a nice time together.  The place did not have its usual Sunday after church crowd, maybe because of the football game scheduled to start at one p.m.  I had a burger and fries, which was good. 

In the evening I watched more of DOWNTON ABBEY and then I decided to sew my GLACIER patch onto my vest.  I was having a heck of a time, and constantly pricking my finger, so I quit.


MONDAY:  I met up with Lori at the library so that she could help me access HOOPLA.  It turns out that when I lost my library card a few years ago and got a new one I failed to change my password.  So that was remedied quickly enough and now I can access HOOPLA on my chrome book and my laptop.  Unfortunately, HOOPLA still does not work on my ROKU TV, which is where I would really like to use it.  While at the library, I read the most recent Union Sun, and got info about a dinner being offered at UCC on Wednesday evening.  

I went to the TRAVEL CLUB meeting at the Dale.  Unfortunately, the other participants insisted on talking about themselves and their experiences.  Not very interesting.  But, I did get to suggest a trip idea:  Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands and Erin said it is a possibility.

I worked in the front yard a bit, raking up chestnuts or what is left after the squirrels ate the middles.  Also, I worked on sewing my Glacier National Park onto my vest.  It is much easier in daylight.  I must have done close to an inch.  I will work on it a little bit every day.  


TUESDAY:   I accompanied Carrie for her appointment with her primary, Dr. Sauret.  It went very well.  I really like this doctor, he is very thorough.  

On the way back to Lockport, I stopped and bought some apples at Rhinehart Farms


Also, I purchased two pumpkins at another roadside stand.  A dollar apiece.

But there was a real highlight to my drive.  As I was driving east on Ridge Road, just before the Warrens Corner church, I remembered being in the car with Peg not too long ago and her commenting that she saw something interesting just before that intersection.  I thought I remembered her saying she saw a sign for an old post office.  Today,  I decided to stop and see.   I can't understand why I never noticed this before.  It almost looks like it was a tourist attraction that has closed down.  THE FORSYTH-WARREN TAVERN and FARM.  








I found a website with information including a phone number, so I intend to call and see if I can explore the area, especially whether or not I can park and walk to the cemetery!  I can't believe that I did not hear about this place and the many events they had in the past few years.

I found this info. online:  

CONTACT US

Forsyth - Warren Tavern
​5182 Ridge Road
​Lockport, NY 14094

​Email: info@forsythtavern.com
​Phone: 716.433.3247

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024