Wednesday September 28, 2022 and Thursday, September 29th

WEDNESDAY:   I did not sleep well last night and was still sluggish at 8:50 a.m. when I called Dr. Kurbs office to apologize for missing my Monday morning appointment.  Breanne told me to come in at ten a.m. 

When I was waiting to go in a tall, old man came out of Dr. K's treatment room and pointed at me and said, "look whose here".  I was getting ready to tell him that we do not know each other, but he started talking.  He said he was a Boy Scout.  I asked if he still knows how to make a fire and he said "only if I have matches".  He said something about the scouts and the church, but I don't remember exactly what.  I thought maybe he was referring to the sex abuse scandals and the RC priests.  He was struggling with getting his sweater on so I offered to help him get his arm in.  His wife turned around and said she didn't know he was having trouble, so I told her I was enjoying helping "this handsome man".  He said something, I don't remember what that made me laugh and then he took my hand and kissed it.  I asked him his name and he said "Kenneth", his wife, I think, said her name is "Joan".   Anyways, I am blogging this incident because I was ready to write this old guy off as being mentally ill at first, but I decided to engage in conversation with him and I am glad I did.  Later on, I had another opportunity to engage in a conversation with a stranger:  a clerk in Rite Aid asked me to exchange the Canadian quarter I offered him for an American quarter so I did, and he explained how he can tell the difference between the two by their weight and sound they make.  He said the Canadian quarters are "purer".  We talked about how he was separated from his partner in Canada for two full years due to Covid.  

I went to DOLLAR TREE to look for disposable tablecloths for the Allegany trip.  I found them as well as other items including snack items for the trip.  I went to the bank and deposited checks from UNIVERA, their share of my chiropractor bills.  Also, I dropped off some items at the GOOD WILL.  I went to WalMart and picked up items to make ROSA MARINA salad to take to Judy's house on Saturday.  After lunch, I took a much-needed nap.  When I got up, I returned a call to Myrna and we agreed that I would pick up subs at the UCC, their monthly free take-out meal.  I did this and we had supper together in her apartment and I stayed for a nice visit.  I invited her to join Cindi and I at ASP if one of her daughters can bring her down for a day.   

I talked with both Peggy and Betty on the phone, and we arranged to have our next PERRY STONE video meeting on October 5th instead of tomorrow.  

THURSDAY:

I had agreed to help Elaine with delivering a microwave oven, a basket for a basket raffle, and several bags of clothing to the HOPE PROJECT.  She picked Jan and me up at my house this morning and we went to the HOPE PROJECT in Eastern Hills Mall.  We delivered several bags of clothing and a microwave.  We hadn't been in the store long when a fellow came in who needed a microwave and took it.  I found a couple of sweaters and a cameo pin that I think Christa will really like.  One of the workers talked us into taking some Girl Scout cookies.  I went home with three boxes.

We went to OLIVE GARDEN for lunch.  I treated Jan for her birthday which is this coming Monday.  She will turn seventy.  

I put a load of clothes and towels in the washing machine and then I took a nap.  When I got up, it was time to get ready for the SONRAYS banquet.  I picked Bonnie up and we met up with Peggy at the church.  Ro had the other ticket, and she led the way in her car, and we followed her.  The traffic was terrible since it was rush hour.  We were late arriving, but it really did not matter, since it started late.


The meal was delicious.  The speaker was Rebecca St James,


and she gave her testimony.  It was very good.  Peg, Bonnie and I left early so we could avoid the crowd in the building and the traffic leaving.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023