Monday the 17th of October, 2022 : leaving ASP and Getting BACK HOME!!!!!

 I got up around 8:15 a.m.  Lori was stirring and she said she wished we could stay longer.  We each prepared our own breakfast and then started getting ready to check out.   Leslie and I took trash and recyclables to the spot down before Quaker Lake to deposit them.  When we returned to the cottage, packing was our primary focus. Leslie swept the floors.   We had a LOT of leftover food, which Leslie and Lori divided up. I had been concerned about the possibility of not having enough room in Lori's car for all my stuff, but it worked out OK. 

We checked out about 10:45 and headed north and drove through the park to Salamanca.  We stopped to get gas and headed north on 219.  Unfortunately, we made a wrong turn and ended up east of Salamanca (we needed to go north) and ended up in the village or city of Allegany.  We quickly found our way back to the right route (with OnStar's help).  

We stopped at an interesting looking farm stand in GREAT VALLEY.  





I purchased several gourds and Lori bought some vegetables. 

Shortly after that, we stopped at a DOLLAR GENERAL to use their restroom.  The rest of our drive home went smoothly.  When we got closer to home, we started discussing whether or not to stop and eat.  First, we decided on CRACKER BARREL, but when we saw a CHILI'S, just beyond Eastern Hills Mall, we chose that.  We both had one of their lunch specials:  the OLD TIMER burger, which came with a drink, soup (I think it is called SOUTHWESTERN SOUP)

and fries!  For eleven dollars, it is a real bargain, and it was very good.  I could not eat all of it.

Shortly after Lori dropped me off, I realized that I did not have my bag with my electronics.  I called her and she located it, it had slipped under the front seat.  She brought it over.

There was a pile of mail on my table, and I was surprised and delighted to have a letter from Dominic, my step nephew.  I laughed when he wrote that he is trying a lot of new foods, such as fruits and vegetables!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024