MONDAY the 24th of October and Tuesday the 25th and Wednesday the 26th

MONDAY First thing in the morning, I called my primary doctor's office and was given an appointment for ten thirty a.m.  I arrived early and was taken in early, with Maria (PA).  I explained the injury thirteen days ago (10/11) at ASP, and how it got better every day until I was seemingly back to normal but then this past Friday, my lower left leg began to hurt, and I noticed the swelling on Saturday.  Maria sent me for a DOPPLER of my lower left leg at GREAT LAKES IMAGING.  I had this done and was told that there is a blood clot.  A nurse at GLI told me to go back to the doctors office, so I did, but when I got there, I was told going there was not necessary.  A nurse there told me that a script was being called into my pharmacy (Eliquis).  I drove to Rite Aid, and called the pharmacy from the parking lot, but they had not received the order yet.  I went to Mark's and got a slice of pizza for lunch, which I ate at home.  I had a phone call from a nurse at Dr. Danaher's office saying that they had reviewed the report and seen some arterial narrowing and would be calling in a script for a statin.    Also, they want another test or scan or something to be done at Great Lakes Imaging and would make the order.  I waited until I had two calls from Rite Aid saying both scripts were ready, both calls had come in by four thirty p.m.  So, I picked them up and picked up supper at KFC.

After supper, I read the article for tomorrow's LIFE GROUP.  Tomorrow a.m. I will call Great Lakes Imaging and make sure they have the order and set a time to go in. Hopefully, I can go to LIFE GROUP and then to GLI for the procedure.  

TUESDAY:   I went to LIFE GROUP this morning.  Cindi was surprised to see me.  I elevated both legs on a chair during the meeting.  I found the meeting kind of disappointing because we did not really discuss the article that we read for homework.   Cindi showed the video of the author's talk, but I had already watched it last night.  

I picked up food at Wendy's for lunch and supper tomorrow.  I rested in bed for a few hours, with my left leg elevated.

Paula called in the evening.  Betty called a couple of times.

WEDNESDAY:  I got up early and first went to Dr. Fetterman's office and picked up my glasses with the new lenses (with prisms) and paid for them and then to Rite Aid to pick up my Viberzi and then headed south on 78 to get to Greater Lakes Medical Imaging in Williamsville.  It was a wasted trip because after waiting a few minutes, a tech came out and told me that the test had been ordered accidentally, that it is a test they do AFTER the clot has dissolved.  So, I headed back to Lockport.  I decided to stop at WEGMANs to pick up some Garlic Tuscan Bread for David and ended up spending over eighty dollars on groceries.  When I got home, I had half of the Wendy's salad I purchased yesterday.  Then I laid down in bed, elevating my swollen leg.  I called Dr. Danaher's office and left a voice mail requesting a call back.  Someone from the office (I think Maria) called back after four p.m.  There was a brief apology for the mix up and I asked a few questions about my "condition".  I can do all of my regular activities but should avoid strenuous activity, should elevate my leg off and on throughout the day, take Tylenol for pain and avoid sitting in one spot for extended periods of time.  I fell asleep for a short while. I looked at the map and info about the Amish area north of ASP.

Earlier in the day, Elaine called and since she was going to UCC for their donation dinner, she offered to bring me a ham and scalloped potato dinner.  It was very good!!!!!

I composed and sent an email to Leslie, and wrote a short letter to Judy.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024