Sunday October 30th, 2022 and Monday Oct. 31st and Tuesday November 1

SUNDAY: Glenda called me this morning to tell me she would not be in church this morning.  Yesterday, her sixty-year-old nephew died suddenly.  His mother (Glenda's sister) has been hospitalized for over a month with heart problems and she has not been told yet.  They will tell her later on today.  Glenda said she is too distracted with these issues and figures she could not concentrate in church.  Craig gave a great message!



After church I used a SUBWAY coupon to purchase a six inch sub for my lunch.  I spent the rest of the day at home, resting and elevating my left leg (which is still swollen) and watching KIMS CONVENIENCE.  


MONDAY:   I called my doctor this morning with my concerns that the swelling, heat and redness in my left lower leg has not gone away.  I was reassured that it is too soon, and it will take a few weeks.  Ugh.  The bright spot in my morning was when my cousin Becky stopped by for a bit.  She got me caught up on news about her half brother (Roger) and his sons.  Sadly, his son Steven is back on drugs and his wife Becky has left him permanently.   He had been clean for several years, and I used to invite him to Thanksgiving dinner here, and had enjoyed getting to know him.  He has had a rough life, losing both daughters to death.  

I continued watching KIMS CONVENIENCE.  I absolutely LOVE this show.  I also watched a pilot of a new show:  WEST NEW YORK.   I don't like it enough to continue.  I wrote a letter to Dominic and got it ready to mail.

On Facebook, I found out that my church is holding this event tonight: 

I hope they get good attendance!


TUESDAY:   I attended the Tuesday Morning Ladies Life Group this morning.  Altogether there were ten of us.  It took a little while to get started, since Cindi is away.  But once we got going, everything fell into place.  

After the meeting, Lori, Dee, Shirley and I went to COUSINS CAFE in the Bewley Building, for lunch.  The three of them had not ever been there before.   They all liked it and want to go back.  

I called Pam in the evening and offered to take her out to lunch for her birthday on Friday.  She already has plans with her daughter, so we will go to Denny's on Thursday.  Betty called from Florida and we talked for a while.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024