Thursday October 27th, 2022 at Home and FRIDAY the 28th, 2022 and Saturday the 29th of October

THURSDAY:  I relaxed at home, doing minimal household chores and finding stuff on TV.  I did go outdoors for a few minutes to remove the ornaments from my flower beds and store them on the enclosed back deck.  Peggy came over and worked in the garage for a bit and we had lunch together and a nice visit.

I found the 1996 movie BEFORE and AFTER on Hoopla. By <a rel="nofollow" class="external text" href="http://www.impawards.com/1996/before_and_after.html">IMP Awards</a>, <a href="//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Before_and_after_poster.jpg" title="Fair use of copyrighted material in the context of Before and After (film)">Fair use</a>, <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=22760411">Link</a>


I made a grilled cheese sandwich with GARLIC TUSCAN bread, for my supper.  I added bacon to the sandwich.  It was kind of salty, but good.  Betty called and I had to promise her that I will personally deliver a check to SPECTRUM to pay her monthly cable TV bill.  

Thursday night is my best TV night, with LAW AND ORDER, LAW AND ORDER SVU and ALASKA DAILY.  I will have to watch SO HELP ME, TODD on On Demand.

I decided to try out my new glasses by watching my smaller tv from my recliner in the family room.  I had been having a hard time because of double vision  so I have watched TV in the living room for several months, and the couch there is not nearly as comfortable as my recliner in the family room. My new lenses with the prisms in them work great so far.  No double vision.  I will most likely move my regular tv watching from the living room to the family room, and use the ROKU TV in the living room for netflix, hulu, etc.


FRIDAY the 28th.  I dropped a book off at the library, paid Betty's Spectrum bill, deposited Jen's check in NW Bank, went to the Dollar Tree and went to MARK'S PIZZERIA.  I didn't see any menus available, so I asked a guy at the counter if they offer STROMBOLI's.  He said they are not in the menu, but he would be happy to make me one.  He was acting as if it was no problem and as if he wanted to, so I said OK.  He made a HUGE stromboli and only charged me $6.25.  He warned me that in the future it is not likely that other employees will make stromboli for me!

After eating lunch (the stromboli is good and I ate a bit more than half of it), I decided to lay down for a while.  I finished reading WE WERE DREAMERS, and then dozed off for a bit.  When I got up, I went out to the car and brought in the Dollar Tree items.  I noticed that the rug at the bottom of the stairs going to the upstairs apartment needed shaking out so I did that and swept the landing.  I started watching KIMS CONVENIENCE on netflix, since it was mentioned by the author of  WE WERE DREAMERS.  It is about an Asian family in Toronto who have a convenience store.

SATURDAY:  In the morning, I made an IMPOSSIBLE COCONUT CUSTARD PIE.  David and Peggy came over in the afternoon and worked on my alarm system and the bathtub drain.  In the evening, I went over to their house for supper.  Lobster, steak, lobster bisque, tossed salad, tortellini with vodka blush sauce and the pie I made.  David and Peggy raved over everything.  I have to admit everything was good especially the pie.  When we were done eating, we watched the DVD about January 6th, put out by NewsMax.
It was very good.  As I was getting ready to leave, Myrna called. David, Peg and I prayed with her regarding a new report of a mass on her kidney, and a breast biopsy her daughter Denise had yesterday.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024