Tuesday, October 11th, 2022: FIRST FULL DAY in Allegany State Park

I slept really good last night even though I heard Cindi and Jen talking around four a.m. Jen prepared pancakes and sausage for our breakfast in the morning.  

In the morning, Cindi and I did the lesson that our Life Group is doing back in Lockport today.  Jen did not want to join us.  Then we  decided to go to THUNDER ROCKS since Jen had never been there, even though she has been to ASP several times, with her friend Lori.

Cindi and Jen decided to collect some wood for camp fires!  They got a lot!

Unfortunately, I forgot to take my hiking stick, although I was wearing my hiking boots.  We had only walked in a short distance when I almost tripped with my right food, so I caught myself by putting my left foot down hard and landed hard.  It felt like a severe cramp in my lower leg, so I found a place to sit down and wait until the cramp went away.  However, it did NOT go away, and I limped my way back to the car, using a walking stick (branch) that Cindi found.  My lower leg hurt for the rest of the day.

We had lunch at the cottage, and I rested my leg and read while Jen and Cindi took a walk.  By this time, we had found out that the shower controls were NOT working well.  So, we reported this at the QUAKER REGISTRATION OFFICE.  We were told that our cottage is not owned by the park, but by a private agency:  MARINO'S and it would be reported to them.  

We decided to go to Bradford, PA for an early supper at KABOBS at the AUCTION HOUSE. 





Our meal was very good.  All three of us had the chicken kabobs.  The basmati rice that accompanied the kabobs was so good.  I don't think any one of the three of us cleared our plates, there was just too much food!  I would definitely go back again, but I would try something else on the menu.  Although the pain in my calf (or calve) had subsided, I was kind of limping around the rest of the day.

We had a nice fire (made by Jen) and made s'mores.  It was pretty chilly sitting outside.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024