Monday the 14th of Nov. and Tuesday the 15th of November, 2022 and Wednesday, the 16th

 When I started my car this morning, the LOW TIRE PRESSURE symbol came on.


  I drove to my doctor's appointment.  It went well.  Things are on track but may take another several weeks until I am done with this blood clot.  Maria (PA) said that when I landed hard on my left foot at ASP, that may have caused it, but I have a feeling that it may have been brewing before that. After I left the docs office, I called BASIL TOYOTA before pulling out of the parking lot and was told I could bring the car in at ten fifteen.  It was quarter to ten, so I headed there.  I was early, so I straightened my car up, mostly organziing my fast food coupons.

Unfortunately I was at BASIL for a full hour, merely to have the tire pressure adjusted.  At first, they thought one of the tires had a nail in it and would need to be repaired.  Oh well, the symbol is gone, thats all that matters.   

Then I went over and took care of Petra.  She took her medicine.  Then I dropped my sunglasses off at Dr. Fetterman's office.  Hopefully, I can pick them up and pay for them tomorrow either before or after LIFE GROUP.  

In the evening, Elaine picked me up and we went to the Palace for this event.  It was excellent.

Quite a few people were there.  We ran into Sarah in the lobby and she was with a couple of her friends. We all sat together.  I took these pictures with my flash off:  








TUESDAY:   I did not get much sleep last night and I had to get up early this morning to meet up with Wendy, a Hearts and Hands volunteer who came at seven a.m. (before going to work) in order to rake the leaves in my front yard.  She did a great job.  She raked the leaves to the street.  After she left, I laid down on the couch and I think I fell asleep for a little while.  

I went over to take care of Petra, and then went to FREEDOM CHURCH, for the Ladies Life Group.  I think there were eleven of us there, but three or four people left early.  I thought that Cindi was a bit uptight today.  I wish she could relax, but I don't think that is possible for her.  She takes her responsibility SO seriously.   When the group was over, she offered to take orders and go to the Mayflower and pick up lunch for those who wanted to stay.  I quickly chose a lunch special and then went over to Dr. Fetterman's office to pick up my sunglasses with the new lenses.  They cost over three hundred dollars, but they work great!  Well worth it. 

When I got home, I was happy to see that the city had taken the leaf piles from the street.  What good timing!  I think this might be the first year that they took care of this without me calling to remind them to come down Phelps Street.

When I got home, I called Nikolai, since Christa does not seem to want to communicate.  He said Christa is starting to feel better but stayed home today and will probably stay home tomorrow.  She tested positive for COVID this past weekend. 

After a short nap, I decided to make a COCONUT IMPOSSIBLE PIE using the Betty Crocker recipe I found online.  I think it is pretty much the same recipe I used in the 1970s.   

Connie left me a message this morning when I was away, so I called her in the early evening when my pie was in the oven.  She said she had an episode of PTSD earlier today.  Hildy spent the day with her and had gone to Denny's to pick up their supper.  

My pie seems kind of overly sweet, but I actually didn't put the whole amount called for in it.  I put my car in the garage since an inch of snow is predicted.

WEDNESDAY, November 16, 2022

Cindi picked me up at Peggy's house, after I took care of Petra, and we headed south towards Hamburg to meet up with Jen for lunch.  We met up at COZY THAI.  It is a small, beautifully decorated, a tiny bit fancy, restaurant in Hamburg.   I had the TERIYAKI chicken, and it was very good.  Jen treated Cindi and I.  We had a nice visit.  Jen told the horrifying true story about when she had a colonoscopy at SISTERS HOSPITAL several years ago.  She never found out why or how she was abandoned and left alone in a non-traditional spot in the hospital.  She woke up to silence and nobody around, with plastic hanging around her bed.  She called out but nobody answered.  Eventually, a cleaning lady heard her and asked her what she was doing there.  Jen's husband was in a waiting room and was given the information that she had been discharged.  The cleaning lady saved the day.  (She told it better than I tell it).  

Cindi received a text about Myrna.  The only information is that she fell yesterday, and her daughter took her to a hospital, and she broke her femur in her bad leg. (bad because she was hit by a car when she was young, and steel rods were put into this leg).

We stopped at KOHL'S in Hamburg and Cindi returned a pair of hiking boots.  She dropped me off at Peg's house and I went in to check on Petra.  I gave this bad news to Peggy and Betty over the phone.

I was resting when Marlene called and expressed her concern about our upcoming (hopefully) trip to Cleveland this coming Saturday.  Predicted bad weather might cause it to be cancelled.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024