The Day After Thanksgiving: November 25, 2022 and Saturday November 26th

 In the a.m. I had a message from Lori asking about the tickets for the event we want to go to at the Palace next month.  It is a basket raffle, orderves etc. and watching the movie WHITE CHRISTMAS.  I agreed to get the tickets.  I called the Palace and using my credit card, I purchased our seats.  We can pick the tickets up when we arrive that night.  

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I had a piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream for breakfast.  Then I decided to make turkey soup.  I picked some meat off of the carcass and then broke it into smaller pieces and put it into two pots and made broth.   I added carrots, garlic, celery and onions, cooked until done and then returned the meat that I cut off of the carcass to the pot.  By the time I was done, the kitchen was a mess, plus yesterday's dishes were clean, but still in the dishwasher.  

The soup turned out very good and I had a bowl for lunch.  I froze some of it.  

Peggy called and we talked about possibly going to visit Myrna tomorrow.  Also, we might go to one or more of the events that are a part of LIGHT UP LOCKPORT.

I got an email from Salma, the Pakistani woman that I met at the Y.  She did not get the first email that I sent last week, but now we have connected.  

In the evening, I found the movie CHRISTMAS GRACE on Spectrum (I think).


  I watched it and enjoyed it. I don't think the writing or acting is all that great, but I liked the story line.

SATURDAY:  I didn't do a whole lot in the morning.  Betty called and we talked for a bit.  I continued putting stuff away from Thanksgiving dinner and pulled out some more Christmas decorations.  I had a turkey sandwich for lunch and then I laid down on the couch for a while until Peggy called and said she was on her way to pick me up for LIGHT UP LOCKPORT.  

Usually, I go to more places during this event, but this year Peg and I only went to two places.  FIRST we went to the Lockport Fire Station where they were offering tours.  We walked around and Peggy asked a few questions.  Then we went to THE CHAPEL for their Winter Festival. 

The event was held outside and it was cold and very windy. 
These were handed out at the entrance, with a free Christmas ornament attached.











We each go a cup of chili and went inside the church to warm up and eat it.  Before leaving, we each got a cup of hot chocolate, and Peggy got some popcorn.  All of the food items were free. When we got back to my house, I gave Peggy a container of mac and cheese, left over from Thanksgiving Day.  We made arrangements to visit Myrna in the nursing home in Gasport where she went for rehab, after church tomorrow.

I watched the movie THE NOEL DIARY on netflix in the evening. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023