The Day Before Thanksgiving: November 23, 2022

First thing today I prepared the cranberry sauce, using a new recipe, the one that calls for a cup of real maple syrup.   I spent a good part of the day cleaning, decorating and putting some items away.  I called Peggy to ask if she wanted me to go to her house to take care of Petra today, but she said they will be home around four p.m. so I do not need to go.  The only time I went out was to go to Betty's place and pick up her mail.  

I took the squash out of the freezer, as well as one of the fruitcakes.  I set the table for tomorrow.   I called Betty to wish her a Happy Birthday, she turned 79 today.  She will be having Thanksgiving dinner with Debby and Scott's neighbors. 

In the evening, I found this movie on Hulu.  At first, I thought I had already seen it before, but I guess I haven't.   I really liked this movie.  

I made tapioca pudding but I am not sure it has turned out right.  It is quite runny and I doubt if being refrigerated overnight will thicken it.  Seems like the last time I made it, it was too thick and gummy, but that was probably over a year ago.  I will see how it is in the morning and throw it out if it does not have a pudding like consistency.  I can make chocolate pudding to replace it.  I washed a couple of large sweet potatoes and will cut both in half tomorrow and bake them for our dinner.  

I also found this Hallmark movie (2008)  AN OLD FASHIONED THANKSGIVING
and watched part of it until I was too tired to stay up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024