March 9th, 2023 Appointment with Dr. Danaher and Friday March 10th and Saturday March 11, 2023

3/9/23  I had expected to see Maria a Physicians Assistant, but Dr. Danaher came in (after the nurse had taken my vitals and gone over my medication/supplement list.  Dr. Danaher addressed my concerns and questions.

We discussed me having the Prolia injection and now I feel confident that I can make an appointment for a nurses visit in order to have it done at Medwell.

I requested a copy of the report that goes with the hip x-ray that I had several months ago.  So, now I have that.  I need to find out which doctor Peggy disliked at the place she went to have her injured wrist looked at.  It starts with E, but I can't recall the name.  After I find that out, I need to call and make an appointment, and take the report as well as the disc with pictures  on it with me when I go.  That x-ray was taken a year ago.  

I requested a copy of the results of my last lab work and now I have it.  

I now have an order for PHYSICAL THERAPY at BODY MECHANIX, so I think I can make an appointment there now.  

I have an order for which the receptionist said was for an ARTERY STUDY.   The order says Venous Thrombosis Imaging.  The scheduling date for this is April 24th.Actually, this turned out to be an order for another DOPPLER.  I called the Imaging Center and scheduled an appointment for an artery study for the end of March.  They have the same order.

I have an order for blood work, but it says SCHEDULED 5/15/23  (I need to do this in Mid-May)  It looks like this particular blood work has to do with the blood clots.  Actually, I have TWO separate orders, and one says FASTING and the other says NON FASTING.

ANYWAYS, after getting all that figured out and talking with a nurse at Medwell and someone else at the Imaging Center,  I was a bit stressed out, so I decided to go to the Y and walk a bit.  I ran into Elaine as soon as I walked inside.  It was her first time back at the Y since before her knee surgery.  We walked together a bit, and used the SCI-FIT, and looked over the basket raffle items.  I also saw Shirley there.  Her doctor told her she must be walking.  She was walking the track, but she was moving very slowly. 

When I got home, I put the car in the garage.  I laid down to rest but could not really relax and I did not even doze off.   

March 10, Friday

I decided to stay home all day and get a few things done.  I finally emptied out the bag I used the last time I spent the night with Peggy and David, and repacked it for the Y, it is ready to go if I decide to use the pool there again.  I talked to Peggy on the phone. She may go to the corned beef and cabbage dinner tomorrow with me, Elaine, Sarah, Nance and Lori. I worked on organizing my trip information for the Ohio Amish area trip that Marlene and I will take starting on Palm Sunday.  I made baked custard and something I will call JELLY PIES.  Using an already prepared pie crust, which was cracked into several pieces and jelly I made three small "hand pies".  Unfortunately, I ate two of them after lunch.  I took an afternoon nap.  Then I found the documentary THEY SURVIVED TOGETHER The story of the escape and survival of a family from the Nazi invasion of Poland in World War II.

THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTFUL.  I am sure Peggy and David are glad they got back to Lockport yesterday.

Betty called in the evening because she was concerned because Myrna was not answering her phone.  I told her that Myrna is probably talking to someone else on the phone, Betty's downstairs neighbor Butch is back in the hospital.  

SATURDAY:  I slept pretty good last night, I don't think I got up even once.  In the morning I started watching the British series LUTHER.


  Elaine and Nance picked me up at four twenty p.m. and we met up with Lori and Peggy and Sarah at All Saints Parish for their St. Patrick's Day Dinner. 

The six of us had a table for six.  A basket raffle had been advertised, but there was only one basket, which appeared to have beer and lottery tickets in it, so I didn't buy any tickets.  The meal was great.  It started out with soup.  Then the main meal was THREE MEATS (brisket, ham and corned beef) potatoes, cabbage, and carrots.  They also offered Irish Soda Bread but I missed out on that because I was talking to the man who was selling the tickets.
                                             Sarah and Nance
                                              Nance and Elaine
                                            Lori and Sarah
                                              Elaine and Peggy




                                                  Rosewood Bridge (live band)
                                                     Zoie plays the violin beautifully.
                   This man who was selling tickets told me his testimony of being in a coma for a long time and recovering.
                                     This fellow danced during some of the music.

This little boy (Grayson) and his grandparents won the 50/50


                      It was a fun evening. I hope I hear about this event next year.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023