Monday 3/20/23, Tuesday the 21st, Wednesday the 22nd and Thursday March 23rd, 2023 and Friday the 24th and Saturday March 25, 2023

 MONDAY:  First thing this morning I did a home COVID test, which showed NEGATIVE.  I emailed my doctors office, and they called me and I was told that I can resume my normal activities.  Carrie returned to her program, so she must be symptom free and most likely they tested her this morning.  I decided to mop my bathroom floor and I cleaned out and straightened the storage area below my vanity/sink.  I called Jan and asked if she wanted to meet me at the Y at 12:30 and she did.  We walked for about 40 minutes.  We both signed up for the April 10th craft class.  It will be painting a bag and making a matching keychain.

Before going home, I went to Aldi hoping they had corned beef marked down, but it looked like they had already been snatched up.  I also dropped of several baggies of cookies at the Little Food Pantry behind the Methodist Church.  

When I got home, I continued working on my meal for tonight.  After I put the ham in the oven and made the raisin sauce, I was able to lay on the couch for close to an hour before getting back to work.  I packaged up meals for Peggy and David and she came to pick them up.  The kitchen was a mess and I was exhausted, and went to bed at nine thirty p.m.

TUESDAY:  I made it to the Y for he nine a.m. STABILITY class, then I walked the track once and did the recumbent bike for five minutes and then went to FREEDOM Church for the Ladies Life Group.  There was a good sized group of ladies there, I think fourteen of us!  After that I headed to my appointment with Martha at Dr. Madjewski's office. (I stopped at Stevie V's and picked up a piece of pizza first).  We discussed PROLEA, and I decided to wait and have a bone scan in December and see what it shows and then I will decide whether to start it or not.  And by the time I left there, it was time for my appointment with Dr. Chubineh, which went well.   He asked me if I was seeing a hematologist regarding my blood clots and when I said no, he offered to recommend one, I said OK and he printed out some information about one that he thinks is really good.  When I got home, I had a 45 minute or maybe a full hour nap, and then it was time to get ready to meet up with David and Peggy to go to SOLID ROCK for for their spaghetti dinner.   Chuck Villa sat with the three of us and we had some good conversations.  I picked up a few groceries at TOPS before coming home.  

Note:  Nobody at the gyno. office were wearing masks.  Dr. Chubineh was wearing a mask, but the office staff wasn't.  

WEDNESDAY:  I went to my chiropractic appointment first.  I ran into Donna Campbell there.  I met her several years ago at the Historical Society.  She was in high school with Dad.  She looks awful and is on oxygen and using a walker.  Her daughter was with her.  The receptionist (Brianne) and another patient in the waiting room spoke about feeling bad for her and one said "such a shock".  So something happened, but I do not know what.  She talked about being in the Class of 1944, and wondering how many of her class are left.  After that, I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked the track for about 35 minutes.  In the evening, I talked with Myrna on the phone.

THURSDAY the 23rd.  I met with Mark at BODY MECHANICS and he did an evaluation and gave me some exercises to do at home.  I then went home and had a quick lunch before going to the Y where I met up with Jan and Kelly for the painting class.  The class was led by Jennifer Coe and it was watercolor this time.  I can't say I enjoyed the class, at one time I asked Jan if we were having fun yet.  I took these pictures:  

                                                    Part of the group
                                          My completed painting and some of my supplies.
                                                  Kelly and Jan

Jennifer projected her painting while she was doing it, so that we could see what she was doing. 

Jennifer posted a lot of pictures on the LOCKPORT FAMILY YMCA facebook page.  

I am sitting on the far right with the blue vest on.



                                                                 Jan

After the class I went to the DOLLAR TREE to get some dish detergent and a few other items.  When I got home there was a message from Betty asking me to call her.  I did and found out that she is very sick, and her doctor told her to go to the ER at Mt. Saint Mary's.  I offered to take her but she did not want to go.  I called her a few hours later and she is feeling somewhat better and will call her doctor tomorrow and try to get an appointment.

Both Vicky and Peggy called in the evening.  Ron is home from the hospital, but he is very weak. 

FRIDAY the 24th:  Peggy called this morning before going to work to invite me to come to their house for a turkey dinner tonight.  I agreed to be there at 5:30.   Betty also called in the morning to tell me that she has an appointment to see her primary this afternoon.  She said she feels a little bit better.  I worked on my exercises from BODY MECHANICS in the morning.  I decided that I will not do the ones on the floor since they hurt my knees so much. I will concentrate on the others.  I met up with Jan at the Y at eleven a.m. and we walked for close to a full hour with a couple of breaks.  Then we went to DENNY'S for lunch.  I had one of their specials: a quarter pound burger with fries and Jan had two huge pancakes with strawberries and blueberries. When I got home I called Glenda to see how she is doing.  She seems to be doing OK.  She went out for breakfast with her daughter this morning.  

After my nap, I put a small casserole of squash in the oven and got ready to go to Peg's house for supper.  I took the squash and some fruitcake. David had prepared turkey, stuffing and gravy and Peggy prepared mashed potatoes and peas.  After supper, we watched two episodes of Downton Abbey.  When I got home, I called Betty to see how she is doing, and I called Pam to see if she was planning on going to the IMMACULATA HOUSE for their Open House tomorrow.  She said she was not.  Her car broke down and is in the shop and she made other plans for tomorrow.  She told me that she has decided to NOT go to Mexico the first week of April.  

SATURDAY:  Betty called me early and said she was pretty sure she was going to call 911 and go to Mount St. Mary's Hospital, because she woke up a couple of times in the night sweating all over, soaking her pajamas.  She was concerned that she might not be admitted and was hoping I could pick her up if she needed a ride back to Lockport.  I told her I would.  Later on I talked to Peggy and she said Betty had called her and she would also be available to pick Betty up, especially if it is after dark.  Later on, Betty called to say she had called 911.  I worked in the bathroom, pulling out the cabinet and cleaning behind it and then cleaning the shelves, etc. and rearranging items.  I also did a load of laundry.  

I started to feel punky, so I laid down on the couch, while listening to a true crime show about a busload of kids that were kidnapped many years ago.  I fell asleep for twenty minutes or so.  Betty called and said she needed a ride home, and she told me how to get to the hospital.  I picked her up and then we had lunch at Carsons.  We both had steak sandwiches and shared an order of sweet potato fries.  After I dropped her off, I got gas before coming home.  When I got home, I decided to make a chocolate cream pie.  The easy way using a graham cracker crust and a box of instant pudding.  I had a piece while watching LAW AND ORDER: SVU

We had some fierce winds in the evening.  I anticipated losing power, so I went to bed an hour early since I was pretty tired anyways.  

SUNDAY:  After church Lori and I had lunch at Arby's and then I went home and rested in the afternoon.  Marlene came over for another "soup supper", which I served with the Yorkshire Puddings that I made.  We worked on trip plans.  Also, we had chocolate cream pie.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024