Sunday March 19th, 2023 Church at Home, and Irish Soda Bread Muffins

 Because of my Covid exposure I did not go to church today.  I watched it online and it was very good.  I worked on getting things ready for tomorrow nights dinner since Peg and David will come over for a modified corn beef and cabbage dinner.  I decided on ham instead of corned beef since I have already had two corned beef dinners this month.  I cut up the carrots, sliced the onions and got the cabbage ready.  Then I decided to make IRISH SODA BREAD MUFFINS.  They are good, but they do not have the same texture as Irish Soda Bread.  This is a TASTE of HOME RECIPE that I found online.  I made my own buttermilk by adding vinegar to milk, and I used raisins.  

  • 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 3/4 cup dried currants or raisins

Directions

  • 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and caraway seeds. In another bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, butter and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in currants.
  • 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm.
  • Peg called and I could tell that she is congested.  She said that she cannot come over tomorrow night for supper. I told her I will bring supper over to them tomorrow.  Cindi messaged me that she cancelled lunch in Hamburg with Jenn tomorrow, and we will do it in April.  That works well for me and will make cooking tomorrow easier.  I made a batch of sugar/cranberry cookies in the evening using this product from Trader Joes. 

  • After watching the first episode of the new season of CALL THE MIDWIFE, I found a new show ESSEX COUNTY to try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023