WEEK of Sunday March 12th through Saturday the 18th of March, 2023

SUNDAY: Church was great this morning.  After church, Marlene and I went to APPLEBEE'S for lunch.  We had the two for $26 which consisted of a huge salad, a small steak, mashed potatoes and broccoli.  It was very good even though the mashed potatoes were cold.  We discussed our upcoming trip to Ohio.  Marlene is afraid it is going to be too cold.  

MONDAY:  I took my car to BASIL TOYOTA this morning where they did a NYS Inspection and put some sort of "end of winter' additive into the gas tank.  Before going home, I picked up a sub at SUBWAY and I went to Niagara Produce to get bananas, but I ended up getting a small ham, potatoes, carrots and cabbage, eggs and maybe a couple of other items.  When I got home, I had lunch and got ready for my dermatologist appointment.  A HEARTS and HAND volunteer, PAUL, picked me up and took me to Clarence.  That appointment went well, with a few "zaps" and a new script for something to work on my fungal infection.

When I got home, I watched more of LUTHER.  In the evening, Myrna called, and we talked for close to an hour.  The agency that provides home care for here (under the program whereby family members can work and get paid) is giving her a hard time.


TUESDAY:  When I got up (early) after a very poor night's sleep I decided to stay home instead of going first to the Y and then to my Life Group.  It was snowing and blowing, and I was concerned that the roads might be bad.  Shortly before ten a.m., it cleared up, but at that time I was still in my pajamas and could not get to the Life Group in time.  I got caught up on a few things around the house, including calling one of my credit companies and redeeming some of my accumulated rewards points.  Over $87 will be deposited into my Citizens checking account. YAY!!!!!  In the evening, I called Leslie and we talked for a half an hour or so.  

WEDNESDAY 3/15:  I went to the Y and walked and used the recumbent bike for about forty minutes, and then picked up lunch at Kentucky Fried Chicken and then went out to meet up with Carrie and Sue for Carrie's dermatology appointment.  However when I got there, I found out I was a day early.  So, I visited with Carrie a bit before going home.  Then I got an email from Sue that the appointment was changed to next month.  Later on in the evening, I got a call from Oxbow because Carrie tested positive for covid.  

THURSDAY:  I got my income tax done at the Dale this morning and then went home where I packed a lunch to take to FREEDOM for my video study with Betty and Peggy.  That went very well.  The topic is ISRAEL and the CHURCH.  


FRIDAY:  I went to my dental appointment and it went fine.  Then I went to the Y and walked the track, used the Sci-Fi and also the recumbant bike and disinfecting the equipment well after I was done.   Then I went to WalMart for a few items.  I now have everything I need for a modified St. Patricks Day dinner (modified because I will use ham).   I bought three pairs of jeans which were on clearance for five dollars each and also two sweatshirts for three dollars each.  I don't really like the sweatshirts, they are an ugly yellowish color, but they looked comfortable and will be good for wearing to bed in the winter.  I went to the library and read the last three days papers, and picked up two books that I requested.  When I got home, I tried the jeans on and one pair fits well and the other two do not, so I will offer them to Peggy.  I got a message via the "portal" from Dr. Danaher's office, but they did not answer my questions, so I emailed back via the portal,but it is Friday afternoon, and the office is closed.  I am pretty sure the staff is still there, so I am hoping they get back to me otherwise, I will have to stay home all weekend and try to get an answer about whether or not I should be isolating on Monday.  Connie called in the evening and we talked for about a half an hour.  She seems to be doing well.  She asked me to send some pictures of my outdoors vest to Hildy so Hildy can show them to her.  I found my vest and did that.  


I finished watching the last season of LUTHER and started watching the sequel LUTHER: The Rising Sun on Netflix.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023