March 5th through Wednesday March 8th, 2023

SUNDAY March 5th: Church was good today. Fifteen plus kids of all ages were dedicated. 


 I went to Niagara Produce for a few things before going home.  When I got home, after shoveling part of my sidewalk, I put two baking potatoes in the oven.  I found the movie THE DOLLMAKER and started it, even though I dislike Jane Fonda.  

Leslie emailed that she got the package.  I finished watching the movie in the evening.  I realized that I had seen it before, but continued watching it.  Then I found the movie LAMB, not the horror movie, but the Irish movie about the "brother" who left the reform school taking a ten year old boy with him. 


MONDAY the 6th of March:   I had a message from Cindi this morning saying that Jen wants she and I to meet up with her for lunch a week from today.  I msg'd back saying I can't do it next Monday and suggested the following Monday 3/20.   I went to WEGMANS and FeelRite to do some shopping.  When I got back to Lockport, I went to the Y where I walked for about 25 minutes and used the recumbent bike for perhaps 15 minutes.  I also purchased $25 more worth of tickets for the basket raffle and distributed them.  I spent the rest of the day at home. 

TUESDAY the 7th:  I went to STABILITY at the Y this morning.  I met up with Jan there.  She was concerned that she might not be able to do everything due to a sore shoulder.  The half hour went really fast, and once again, I was made aware of how lacking I am in balance.   Then I went to the Ladies Life Group which went well and then I went to Peggy's house to take care of Petra, and then met up with Cindi, Karen and Lori at Aguagates, a Mexican restaurant.  We all had the taco salad, which was pretty good, but not spectacular.  We sat and talked for a while after we were done eating.  

Later on in the day, Greg Stenzel brought over a document that I needed to sign.  He said he thinks Carrie and the other participants will move into their new home soon, maybe by the end of this month or early next month.  They will take all of the old furnishings and gradually replace it.  

WEDNESDAY:  I had my chiropractic appointment and then went to take care of Petra and then met up with Jan at the Y.  When I got home, I showered and had a very small lunch.   I had a phone message on my home phone saying that tomorrows PAINTING CLASS is postponed until March 24th.  I rested for a while and then got ready to go to Elaine's house, where I met up with Sarah and Elaine.  Sarah just leased a new car and she drove us to the Cambria church where we picked up corned beef and cabbage dinners.  We took them back to Elaine's house where we ate them together and visited for a while, discussing senior citizen topics such as assisted care vs. nursing home care. dermatologists, hiatal hernias and high prices.  We had a good time together, and finalized our plans for Saturday night when we will go to ALL SAINTS CHURCH for their St. Patricks dinner including a basket raffle.  

Lori will meet us there.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023