Easter Sunday 2023 (April 9, 2023), Monday the 10th, Tuesday the 11th, Wednesday the 12th, Thursday the 13th, Friday the 14th,

SUNDAY:   I arrived at the church at the appointed time and Peggy showed me what she wanted me to do, which was to hand out cinnamon buns to everybody who wanted them.  That went well. After church, I went home and changed out of church clothing into jeans.  Then I went to Peg's house.  She was just getting home from church.  She had been trying to reach David so he could pick her up, but he had fallen asleep and his phone was on mute.  She quickly got ready, and we headed to the boulevard to CLASSICS V.  We had a nice large table to ourselves.  The buffet turned out to be mostly breakfast food, with a LOT of fresh fruit and a couple of green salads.  There was a carving station with roast beef and ham.  I had small portions of both of the meats, some mashed potatoes, salads and lots of fresh fruit.  There were many deserts to choose from.  I tried a few.

When I got home, I laid down for a while.  When I got up, I started my homework for Tuesday mornings Life Group but Connie called and we talked for a half hour or so until CALL THE MIDWIFE came on TV.  


MONDAY:  I went to PT this morning at BODY MECHANICS.  Then I went to Niagara Produce to get milk, eggs and bananas.  They did not have my milk.  I went home and had lunch (note to self: never buy a ready made sandwich at NP).  The Hearts and Hands driver (Ty) could not find my house, and I was concerned that I might be late for my ARTERY STUDY, but I wasn't.  It took a long time, but went well and the technician (Kelly) said all of my arteries are good and my blood flow is good.  She could only do the "ABI" on my right leg since my left leg still has a blood clot.  I got home in time to use the bathroom and make and eat a tuna sandwich before going to the Y for the crafting class.  We painted canvas bags.  Kelly, Jan and I are busy painting in this photograph.


TUESDAY:  The Ladies Life Group was this morning.  It went pretty good and then six of us, Cindi, Mary, Karen, Betty, Vicky and I went to the Fieldstone for lunch.  Then I met with Kevin Kopek at NorthWest Bank.  Then I went home and rested.  In the evening, I watched TV, and put clean laundry away. I also called Leslie and we talked for a about a half an hour.  She told me that she has written a book.  She never mentioned that before. Also, she is thinking about getting a new car.

WEDNESDAY:  I had my appointment with Dr. Kurbs this morning, then I went to WalMart to get groceries for this weekend when Carrie will be home.  As soon as I had put the cold grocery items away, I went to the Y where I met up with Jan and we walked the track for a half hour.  When we went to the small gym for the DRUMS class, we found out that it was cancelled due to the instructor (Eugene) being sick.  So, we walked a bit more before leaving.  I went to TOPS to get some Cabot Cheese and I got a few other items.  When I got home, I put the cold items away and then I decided to open some windows and "change the air" since it was so nice out.  Then I took a nap. I had slept very poorly last night, and I fell asleep quickly, maybe for close to an hour.  I prepared a burger and oven fries for supper.  I cleaned the storm door (to the front porch) in the evening, read some, and watched TV.

THURSDAY:  I did a few household chores in the morning and then remembered that I needed to go to Citizens Bank and take money out of my money market account to take to NorthWest to open up a nine month CD.  So, I quickly took a shower and went and took care of that.  Then I went to the library and read the last couple days of newspapers.  I saw an article about HONDA recalling some vehicles, and I think Leslie's car (that she is thinking of getting rid of) might be one of the recalled vehicles.  So I wrote down some of the info. to give to her.  Then I met up with Peggy and Betty for our Messianic study which was very interesting today.  I stayed after to talk to Peg about a few things. Then I went to RiteAid to see if my prescriptions might be ready.  The male clerk said he contacted Dr. Danaher's office but they haven't sent new scripts.  Since it had been six or seven days since I requested the prescriptions, I called Dr. Danaher's office and left a message.  Then I noticed a message on my answering machine from Kristen at Dr. Danaher's office.  I called back and spoke with her.  Apparently, they never got the request from RiteAid and we spoke about artery study and upcoming Doppler.  Then I laid down for a while and saw on FB that Jan had messaged me about going for a walk.  I messaged her back and we agreed to meet at six thirty here.  She came and I drove us to Outwater Park where we walked a bit, but not long, since my lower back started bothering me.  We got sidetracked on the drive back to my house and ended up looking for Short Street, since I wondered where the Short Street bar was.  Short Street was kind of hard to find, we had to stop and ask a woman who was in her yard for directions.  We  finally found it, and agreed that someday we will go and have pizza.  When we got back to my house, I showed Jan the upstairs apartment.  After she left, I worked on my puzzle a little bit and then watched SO HELP ME, TODD.

FRIDAY:  I was puttering around the house and getting ready for my PT appointment when they called wondering why I did not show up at 8:30.  I said my appointment is at ten thirty, and we changed it to eleven a.m.  When I got there, Mark asked me what happened and I said "it wasn't my mistake" and showed him the appointment card which clearly said ten thirty.   After PT I went to Niagara Produce and picked up a few items.  Carrie arrived home about three p.m. and she rested for a couple of hours on the couch.  She had a bath and shampoo.  She ate a HUGE supper of meatloaf, baked sweet potato, asparagus and bread and butter.  She went to bed a little after nine p.m. and I followed shortly after.  

SATURDAY:  Carrie slept great!  I did not sleep as well as I do when I take Tylenol PM before bed, I think I was up three times in the night to use the bathroom and check on Carrie, but I got back to sleep fairly easily every time.  Carrie ate a HUGE breakfast of oatmeal, a whole banana, a few small bowls of cheerios with milk, and milk.  She also ate a good lunch.  Peg came over for a visit and to get some items from her old apartment.  I had made a macaroni/tuna salad and gave her some to take home.  After she left, I rested for a while before preparing supper.  Carrie LOVED the mac salad, and ate a lot of it, along with three hot dogs and some asparagus, and about one third of a hot dog roll, and lots of milk.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024