Good Friday April 7th At Home in Lockport and SATURDAY the 8th 2023 at Home

FRIDAY:  I took two TYLENOL P.M. before going to bed at ten p.m. last night and I think I slept for eight hours straight before waking up at six a.m. this morning!!!!  What a blessing.  While still in bed I wrote a couple of reviews on TripAdvisor and checked FB and email.  I worked on unpacking and putting stuff away before I went out.  First, I needed to return a book to the library, and then I went to THE BUTCHER SHOP and bought three pierogies and a Delmonico steak.  I also went to Molinaro's and bought a slice of pizza and a piece of lemon/coconut cake.  I napped in the afternoon.  Myrna called just before it was time for me to get ready to go to the GOOD FRIDAY service.  We talked for about fifteen minutes.  She said she had made cranberry relish and had a dish of it for me.  I suggested that I could pick it up after church and she agreed.

Church was great.  I sat with Jan, but the other ladies who usually sit with us in our row did not show up.

                                            The worship was great!

                                          There were several scripture readings
                                              Lou carrying the cross.

Pastor Craig giving the message.

Myrna and I had a good visit, but it was kind of short since it started so late.  I gave her the items I purchased in Ohio:  some colored pencils and some orange slices.

SATURDAY:  I spent the day at home.  I finished unpacking and putting clothing, etc. away.  I did a few reviews on TripAdvisor.  I had a good conversation with Christa on FB private msg.  I talked to Peg on the phone.  

For supper I followed the recipe for PERFECT STEAK, but used Delmonico Steak and I did not have any thyme.  It was still too pink for me after the allotted time, so I set the pan back in the oven while I finished up the other items (pierogies, onions and mushrooms for the steak, and peas) and that worked well.  It was a good meal.  The steak was very tender, but it had a LOT of fat. I still have enough of all three items for another meal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023