Sunday, April 16, 2023, Monday 4/17, Tuesday 4/18, Wednesday 4/19, Thursday 4/20, Friday 4/21

 SUNDAY:  I was watching my church service live at home (since Carrie was here with me at home) when I accidentally knocked one of her Corelle bowls on the floor in my dining area when it broke into a zillion pieces, mostly sharp slivers.  So I missed all but the first few minutes and the last few minutes.  Carrie was picked up to go back to Oxbow at a few minutes after two p.m.  I laid down hoping for a nap since I felt worn out, but I could not fall asleep.  I messaged Jan and we agreed to go out to the lake (Olcott Beach on Lake Ontario).  She came here and I drove and we headed out.  We had a nice long walk, I am guessing we walked about a mile and a half, maybe a bit more.  On the way back, we stopped at REID's.   I had a burger, fries and a small loganberry drink, and she had a creamsicle flavored milkshake.  When I got home, I worked on my puzzle a bit before watching CALL THE MIDWIFE.  Then I showered and found a movie either on Netflix or Hulu something with MUD in the name, it takes place during WW2.  I watched a half hour or more of it before going to bed, kind of early.

MONDAY:  I had my six month check up with my eye doctor, Dr. Fetterman.   He said my eyes are super healthy and that I have 20/20 vision.  Then I went home and got ready for the noon class at the YMCA (WALK WITH EASE).  It is three days a week for five weeks, put on by the ARTHRITIS FOUNDATION.  The materials look good, and are definitely interesting, but I feel a bit out of place since everybody else in the class is so much worse off than me, either recovering from an injury or from surgery, some of them use canes.  Some of them could not walk for ten minutes on the track.  However, I was happy to connect with Fran, who I met at Freedom North a while back.  I did not recognize her, but she recognized me and we walked together for a bit.  When I got home, I prepared a fried bologna sandwich, and then laid down.  I may have dozed off for a bit, but not much.   I finished watching the movie MUDBOUND in the evening, I had seen it before, but it must have been several years ago. Peggy called and asked if I want to go to SOLID ROCK for spaghetti tomorrow night.  I agreed to be at their house at five p.m. tomorrow.  Jan and I agreed to go to SHORT STREET for pizza on Wednesday (via FB private message).  I finished my homework for Life Group tomorrow, and did some of my reading (of Chapter One) in the book for WALKING FOR EASE.

TUESDAY:  I had hoped to make it to STABILITY at nine a.m. today, but I slept so horribly last night so I decided I should skip it.  I made it to LIFE GROUP at ten, though.  After that, I got gas and picked up a prescription at RiteAid before going home.  I had a quick, small lunch and then laid down and I slept for maybe 45 minutes or so.  Betty picked me up a little before five p.m. (there was a change of plans) and we met up with Peggy and David at SOLID ROCK.  It was really crowded.  Betty and I took a meal to Myrna, and we visited for a while.  

WEDNESDAY:  I went to P.T. in the morning, and then went to the Y.  I met up with Jan and we walked for about fifteen minutes before I went to my WALK WITH EASE class.  After that class, I was talking with Fran for a few minutes and then I joined up (a bit late) with the SILVER SNEAKERS CLASSIC class.  After that I drove to BASIL TOYOTA to see how Jan was doing with waiting for work to be done on her car.  The tech told us it might be a couple of hours, so I offered to take her home and said I would pick her up when her car was ready.  She called me a couple of hours later and I picked her up and dropped her off at BASIL  Then we met up at the SHORT STREET PATIO/BAR where we had pizza for supper.  


THURSDAY:  I used three of the gummy sleeping aid last night, and I went to bed at nine thirty.  I fell asleep shortly an woke up in a couple of hours, but got back to sleep and got several more hours of sleep.  Because of that I didn't have difficulty getting to the Y for the ten a.m. STABILITY class.  Jan met me there for the class and we stayed a while to walk the track.  Then I went to McDonalds and got a medium Dr. Pepper and then went to Freedom Church and met up with Peggy and Cindi.  Cindi drove to THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY where we met up with Jen.  We were told we would have a forty minute wait, so  we debated whether or not to have lunch someplace else.  We walked to the FOOD COURT, and checked out the offerings.  Peggy and I would have liked to eat at the Chinese place which offered chicken and shrimp with broccoli, but that did not interest Cindi so we went back to ChF and waited a little while for our table, which turned out to be a great round, corner table.  I ordered the ORANGE CHICKEN which came with rice and vegetables.  It was very good.  The four of us had a nice visit.  Peggy and Jen had met several years ago at Camp Li-Lo-Li and probably other times, but Peg did not remember Jen.  

Tyler's graduation announcement came in the mail today.  

FRIDAY the 21st

I went to the Y and met up with Jan and we walked a bit before I had to go to my class.  So, there we walked some more!  After the class, I talked with one of the woman Julie)about her shoes.  They are SKETCHERs and she loves them.  She said she will take a picture of the box they came in, to show me on Monday.  I am pretty sure that I need a different pair of shoes for walking, since my feet get tired so easily. After I left the Y, I stopped at Wendy's and picked up a Taco Salad.  It was such a gorgeous day that I decided stop in the picnic/parking and eat my lunch outside.  I had a book to read and I thoroughly enjoyed.  When I got home, I rested for a while.  In the early evening, I called Pam to see how she is doing.  She is worn out from working all week.  She recommended the movie EMPIRE OF THE SUN.  I found it on youtube.

SATURDAY 4/22  I stayed home all day today, mostly because the group of people from a local clhurch were coming to rake my lawn.  The time we agreed on was 2:30 but they arrived at 1:45.  They raked up three bags (Kraft bags) of stuff and picked up twigs and branches and put them along side the garage.  This is the second year that they have done this.  It is such a big help.  I also got together information and filled out the claim form for UNIVERA regarding my bill from Dr. Kurbs.  It is ready to go.  I finished the puzzle I started just before New Years Eve (this past December).  I was concerned that a piece or two might be missing, but that did not happen.

  I watched several episodes of LAW AND ORDER SVU.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024