Week of Sunday 4/23 through 4/29

SUNDAY:  After church, I was wondering if I should pick something up to take home for lunch.  I went by the huge convenience store (Marathon) on the corner of Robinson Road and Beattie Avenue and saw a sign saying $8.00 subs on Sundays, so I went in and ordered one.  I asked for extra lettuce, but I hardly got any lettuce at all on my sub, so I probably will not go there again for a sub. I rested in the afternoon. rI drove through Outwater Park to see the flowering trees (I think they are called TULIP TREES), but they are not fully in bloom yet. 



 Pam came over in the evening and we played a couple of games and had brownies and tea.  Other than that, it was a regular Sunday.

MONDAY:  I went to my chiropractic appointment this morning and had planned to run a couple of errands, but my stomach was upset, so I decided to go home for a bit until it was time to go to the Y for my WALKING WITH EASE class.  The class went well and then I decided to go to the SKECHER'S STORE to try to find a new pair of sneakers.  I did go, but did not find any sneakers, but I found a pair of sandals in the CLEARANCE section.  They are men's sandals, but they fit well, and I like them.   On my way back to Lockport, I decided to stop at RUNNERS ROOST, a store mentioned in one of the walking classes,

and I found a pair of NEW BALANCE sneakers.  I had been thinking I wanted BROOKS sneakers, but they did not have any in my size.  I also stopped at PITA GOURMET and bought a "wrap".  Then you choose what you want to put in it, and can see it being made.  It was very good.

TUESDAY:  First thing in the morning, I went to Rite Aid and picked up some of the free AT HOME COVID TESTS, since I have heard that sometime in May they will stop being free.  They gave me eight of them.  I think they are good to keep on hand in case I don't feel well and want to make sure I do not take any chances on passing it around.  I also picked up some very cheap after Easter chocolate (75% off) and took it to one of the small food banks, the one on Washburn Street at the Community Garden.  Then  I went to LIFE GROUP this morning and it was very good.  Glenda is back!  She is still having some discomfort from her stitches, but she is doing well.  We went a few minutes over due to Donna sharing a lot.  Four of us, Cindi, me, Betty and Vicky went to lunch at THE FIELDSTONE.  After that I went home and rested.  I found the RAY EPPES interview from Sunday nights 60 Minutes.  I think Trump should apologize for mentioning his name during one of his rallies.  Ray and his wife have been forced to go into hiding after death threats.

WEDNESDAY:  I met up with Carrie and Zoe at the Dr. Miller's office, at Mount St. Mary's Hospital in Lewiston.  Dr. Miller is a dermatologist.  Her appointment went quickly and well.  A couple of minutes before we left, the electricity in the building went out.  As I drove home, I found that it was out at the intersection of Military Road and Route 31.  I went home for a few minutes to switch my sandals out for my new sneakers, and have a quick bite to eat and then headed to the Y for the WALK WITH EASE class.  While we were doing our fifteen minutes of walking, Jan came out after finishing the DRUMS class and we walked for a few minutes before I had to go down to the classroom.  After class, I found her upstairs and asked if she wanted to sign up for the May painting class.  She said yes, so we went down to do that, but were told that there is only one slot left, so we decided to skip it.  After that, I went to AAA and picked up maps for the upcoming drive to Michigan.  Then I picked up a few items at TOPS, right across the street.  I went home and had a piece of pie with ice cream and then took a nap.  I talked to Connie in the early evening and watched the movie (OPERATION FINALE ) on Netflix.  Tomorrow's plans are PT at nine a.m., go to Rite Aid to pick up scripts, then to the STABILITY class at the Y, Jan will meet me there, and then she and I are going to THE HOPE PROJECT.  

THURSDAY:  First I went to PT.  My plans were to tell Mark this would be my last day, but I was pleased with the intensity of the workout he put me through, so I made an appointment for next week.  I met up with Jan at the Y for the STABILITY class.  I had a bit of a rough time keeping up today, possibly because I was worn out from PT.  Louise was there at the Y and she, Jan and I talked a bit.  Jan and I waited for Kelly but finally decided to meet up with her at her dentists office.  From there we went to the mall to go to the HOPE PROJECT, where each of us found a few items. Before leaving the mall, we each purchased a snack item from the only vendor still remaining in the old food court. Pam's Puddings and Pies.  On the way back to Lockport, we stopped at FeelRite, I purchased some LACTO and a few dairy free dairy items.  I offered to treat if they wanted to go to Lockport Energy House.  Jan dropped Kelly and I off so we could get our cars and we met up.

It is a new place that serves nutritious drinks, coffees and shakes.  I had an energy drink, and they each had a shake.  Next time I will get a shake since they looked so good.  The shakes are soy based, so do not include any dairy.



It was such a fun afternoon.

FRIDAY:  Before going to the Y, I stopped at THE DOLLAR TREE, mostly I purchased cards for upcoming birthdays, graduations, etc.  When I got to the Y, I walked for fifteen minutes and then used the recumbant bike.  Jan had agreed to meet me there, but she did not show up.  I found a book and a place to sit and read until it was time for my class.  Class went well and ended early.  We were assessed on how many laps around the track we did in ten minutes.  I did five and a half or a bit more.  I went to Wendy's and had a taco salad and read my book before heading for home.  In the evening, I talked with both Peggy and Chloe.  I also chatted with Christa on FB.  She had an awful day.

SATURDAY April 29th:   I went to the CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL in Buffalo today with Jan and her daughter, Sunny.  It was somewhat chilly, which made for a comfortable walk from where we parked to the festival itself.   The trees were not all that fantastic. 

There were several vendors inside the History Museum and

several food trucks outside. 

We wanted to go to this store,


but it was closed.  We had lunch at the TOWNE RESTAURANT. I had the CRUNCH BURGER, the crunchy part was supposed to be what makes the burger crunchy, but my burger didn't have any!!!  It was very good, anyways.  On the way back to Lockport, we stopped at PAULA'S DONUTS.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024