WEEK of SUNDAY April 30th through Saturday May 6th (Spring into Nature)

SUNDAY:   Church was very good.  New members were honored. 


About 17 people were baptized.  My friend Donna, who I met at the Ladies Life Group was baptized. 


 This is Peggy with one of the women (Stacey R) who was baptized. 


 After church I waited for Peggy to finish up and then she and I and David went to RED LOBSTER to celebrate his birthday.   I paid for the meal and they left the tip.  When I got home, I barely had time to change into more comfortable (and warmer) clothes and lay down for about fifteen minutes and then it was time to leave for the HANDBELLS concert at First Presbyterian Church.  I met up with Cindi, Pam and Betty.  The concert was great.  I was surprised to see Pastor Tom Hardy in the bell choir.  He put this hat on for the final number THE GREATEST SHOW. 

Betty and I stayed for the reception which was very nice, offering a bunch of "orderves" and a few cookies and punch.   Dee Mann was there and I invited her to sit with us.  Elaine was there, also and she sat with us for a few minutes.  Elaine reminded me that we agreed to go to HOOVERS for lunch soon.


MONDAY:   I had another DOPPLER done at the imaging center in Cambria.  I went home for a few minutes mostly in order to put warmer clothing on, and then I went to the Y for the WALK WITH EASE class.  After it was over I met up with Jan for a few minutes.  She was using a couple of the machines, while I did two five minute sessions on the recumbent bike and walked the track a couple more times.  I stopped at MARK'S and had a slice of pizza for lunch before going to Cold Springs Cemetery to check out the flowering trees, they are not in full bloom yet.  I stopped at Niagara Produce and picked up a few items.  In the evening, I talked with Leslie on the phone.  She has a new car!!!  I am so happy for her.  She and I discussed the idea of going to the Renaissance Faire this coming summer, staying at Screwy Louie's for a night or two.

TUESDAY:  After the Ladies Life Group, six of us (me, Betty, Karen, Cindi, Glenda and Shirley) went to THE VILLAGE EATERY for lunch.  We were given a very nice round table and had a nice time.  I had a salad with salmon in it, with lots of fruit, and it was very good.  I brought some of it home with me.  I was glad to get a phone message from Peggy saying that she does not need me to lead her Thursday morning FREEDOM GROUP.   I did agree to help out with the reception for Law Enforcement People on Sunday after church.   In the evening, I worked on reservations for my upcoming trip to Michigan.  I have the first night in Walnut Creek, and then need to find someplace between there and Plainwell, Michigan.  I finished watching RILLINGTON PLACE, three episode miniseries, on CRACKLE.  It is based on a true story.
Lori brought over a loaf of bread and a package of hamburger rolls.  I invited her in, but she seemed to want to get home.  Most likely she worked all day.  I need to make a point of inviting her over to play a few games some night.  

WEDNESDAY:  I went to my last PT session.  It went very well, but I told Mark that I will be going away for most of March.  I don't intend to return.  Then I went to NW Bank and to the library to pick up a book and read todays paper.   Then I went to the Y and met up with Jan, and we walked until it was time for my class.  Class went well, but it seems like a few more people may have dropped out.  After that I went home and had lunch and lid down on the couch for a while.  I fell asleep and the phone woke me up for which I was glad.  It was RiteAid with an automated message.  In the evening, I found the movie THE RAILWAY MAN, a true story about Eric Lomax (played by Colin Firth).  

THURSDAY:  I went to the CUTTING CREW hoping I could get  a haircut without an appointment and I lucked out.  I was a little nervous because I got the guy who cut my hair shorter on one side than the other the last time, but I don't think that happened today.  After that I went to Rite Aid to pick up a prescription and then dropped books off at the library.  When I got home, I spent a couple of hours straightening up my bedroom, the living room, dining area and kitchen and then I vacuumed.  When I took off my sandals in order to get ready to rest, I noticed a toenail hanging 3/4 of the way off, perhaps it is on the same toe that this happened on several years ago, while I was still in Oneonta.  I called my foot doctors office and made an appointment for Monday, and I had to change my chiropractic appointment until Wednesday morning. Peg came over to pick up some of her old Bible school notebooks.  

FRIDAY: First thing, I went to the library for the spring book sale.  I purchased a few books.  Then I went home for a little while before leaving for the Y where I met up with Jan.  We walked about 35 minutes (broken up into two parts) and then I went to my class.  After class, I went to SUBWAY and got a sandwich using the e-card I earned from my health insurance company for going through a topic about surgery.  I hope they offer more of these online "classes".  I rested in the afternoon, listening to a few Daily Wire podcasts.  I feel so sorry for the marine who took down the mentally ill black man who was harassing people on the subway in New York City.  I think the video Ben Shapiro had on his podcase shows this guy grabbing a woman and dragging her by the hair.  If he did that, then the marine was definitely justified in taking him down.  Unfortunately, the homeless harasser died and the marine may be charged.  He was defending and protecting the people in the subway car and now most likely he was scared for his own life.  This could be another "George Floyd" situation including riots and destruction.  I did some outside work, sweeping up the grass that the lawn guy left in my driveway, pulling some weeds and putting out a few of my lawn ornaments.  Also, I straightened out my car since Jan and I plan to go to the refuge tomorrow.  Connie called and we talked for about a half an hour.  She seems to be doing well.

SATURDAY:  Jan and I met up at my house in order to go to the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge for their annual event SPRING INTO NATURE. 

 Before leaving, we went over my vague itinerary for our trip to Michigan for Tyler's graduation.  It was a beautiful day, just perfect temperature, sunny blue sky. First we stopped at COLD  SPRINGS CEMETERY to see the flowering trees.  They are almost at full blossoming. 


When we got to the event, we went into the Visitors Center and visited all of the exhibits.  We each made a bird feeder to take home at this station.  

   We had this card stamped at various exhibits, and earned the bird feeder above.










When we were done at the event, we each had a snack and then went to  SWALLOW HOLLOW and walked the circular trail.  








I have a pile of brochures and fliers to go through, stuff I picked up at the event.  I relaxed the rest of the day, listening to a Jordan Peterson podcast and watching a couple of true crime shows on TV.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024