Week of May 7th through May 13th.

SUNDAY the 7th.  Church was great.  Ben announced that he is leaving his position as pastor.  We honored LAW ENFORCEMENT during and after the service.  I helped serve the "brunch" in the basement that was put together for the Law Enforcement people.  It was very nice:  muffins, breads, fruit salad, several kinds of quiche, coffee, tea and juice.  I brought home fruit, bread and three types of quiche, which made for a very good lunch!  I relaxed and watched TV for the rest of the day.  I found the movie JOSHUA on Hulu, it seems familiar so I must have started watching it before this.  CALL THE MIDWIFE and TOM JONES

MONDAY May 8th  I had my appointment with Dr. Zirna (foot doctor) this morning.  He trimmed off the toenail that was 3/4 of the way hanging off.  I was kind of surprised that he trimmed it instead of removing it surgically (like was done the last time this happened), but it went quickly and well, and he also offered to trim all of my toenails, which I agreed to.  We discussed the fungal infection which shows up in my toenails, but he does not think it is worth worrying about.   Then I went to the Y and met up with Jan and we walked together for about 20, maybe 25 minutes before I had to go to my class.  The group keeps getting smaller, I think there were only eight people there today.  We learned some different exercises and walked for 25 minutes on the upstairs track.  I stopped at SUBWAY and got a tuna sub, using my gift certificate from Univera.  I did not get a lot of sleep last night, so I napped when I got home, and read some in this book, which I love.    
Tuesday the 9th:  After LIFE GROUP, Cindi, Karen, Betty, Vicky and I went to Olive Garden where we had a nice lunch.  I had ridden with Betty, and after we left Olive Garden she wanted to go to PAULA'S DONUTS, so we did.  The Tuesday special is get a free donut with the purchase of a drink.  We each purchased a drink and got a free donut.  We had to hurry and eat them because it was a few minutes before three p.m. their closing time, due to not having enough employees to stay open later.  I went to WalMart before going home, and also to the Dollar Tree. When I got home I found the movie NOT WITHOUT MY DAUGHTER, since we were talking about it at lunch.  I saw it years ago, as well as reading the book.

Wednesday May 10th:  I worked on getting stuff ready to pack for the trip to Michigan, and I totally forgot about my chiropractic appointment at ten a.m. until I got to the Y at noon for the class.  I called and was able to go in at three p.m..  I started watching the documentary THE DEVIL NEXT DOOR in the afternoon while doing laundry.  The Devil Next Door is a documentary series about John Demjanjuk, accused of war crimes and crimes against humanity carried out while serving as a guard at Nazi extermination camps during World War II, who spent years living in Cleveland. Ohio, USA. T


Thursday   drove to Mich with Marlene.  It was a long and exhausting day.  Chris prepared ravioli and salad for supper.  No pictures today.

FRIDAY the 12th:   Megan had to work so I relaxed in the morning.  Cassy picked me and
Tyler up around one p.m. and we went to CRAVINGS a small cafe 
 attached to PACIFIC RIM MARKET. 






 Tyler bought a few items
in the market, while they were preparing our order.   Look at all that RAMEN!!!!

I had the same
thing that Cassy ordered (Ramen) which was very good.   Tyler ordered curry shrimp and we had two sides.
                                                            My ramen

After that we went
to  GRAND TRAVERSE PIE,


which I had noticed on the way to the restaurant.
Tyler picked out a pie that he thought his parents would like.  Cassy
and I shared a piece of pie.  Then we went to COSTCO to say hi to Meg.

She introduced me to the others who work in the membership office with
her.  Meg suggested that we check out the FREE SAMPLES, so we did.  I 
looked for an iced tea that I like.  Cassy found an item or two that she
purchased.  Then we went to Trader Joes so Tyler could buy some flowers to
give his mother for Mothers Day.  While they were in there, I checked out
CRUMBL COOKIE, but I did not buy anything.

SATURDAY the 13th
Megan and I picked Cassy up and we headed to Kalamazoo to go to
the Kalamazoo Farmers Market.  We checked out all the vendors.
Meg and Cass made several purchases. 



 I bought items for Cassy,
Megan, Chris and Tyler.  I also purchased a ring for myself as well
as a large garlic bulb and a small bottle of maple syrup. We bought some LITTLE DONUTS.

After that we headed to a middle eastern restaurant that Cassy and Megan
like but we noticed a festival or vendor fair near the Kalamazoo Mall, so
we decided to check it out.  It turned out to be VINTAGE in the ZOO.
A lot of vendors selling mostly vintage items such as clothing, records, 
Some of the vendors were dressed in vintage outfits.



comic books.  I found a really neat purse for five dollars.
Then we went to  CAIRO'S KITCHEN and had lunch. 

We ordered three items
and shared them
  even the fries were really good

and took a LOT of food back to their house.  While at Cairo's Cassy took this selfie.  I call it THREE GENERATIONS.

Chris prepared a very nice MOTHERS DAY supper and Cassy and Quinn
came over.  Steak, asparagus, garlic toast, pasta salad and the pie
that I purchased yesterday for desert.  Megan gave me a great graduation
picture of Tyler.   We took a few pictures outside. 


 Megan got gifts from the kids.  Megan and I watched
the HULU series about the woman (Meip) who hid Anne Frank and her family
from the nazis.  A SMALL LIGHT.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024