Week Starting May 28th, 2023 SALMON Loaf Recipe

 SUNDAY:  Church was very good this morning, we had a guest speaker.  After church, Marlene, Betty and I had lunch together at Denny's.  I spent the rest of the day at home, and did a little bit of gardening.  I called Peggy and we agreed to meet up at her house at eleven a.m. tomorrow.  We will go to a park in East Aurora and do some geocaching.  I talked with Elaine on the phone in the evening. She told me about the National Memorial Day Weekend Concert on PBS, and I watched most of it.  It was very good.


MONDAY (MEMORIAL DAY)  I met up with Peggy at her house.  After a few minutes, we headed towards East Aurora in her new car.  It was a bit of a drive, but we found it easily enough.  We were glad to see a map at the entrance, which we took pictures of. 




We walked quite a distance and enjoyed our walk, even though it was pretty hot.  





We had to go under this fallen tree to get to the old rusty toll bridge.  I had a rough time, but I did not fall.  Peggy did.

What is left of the old toll bridge.  I think it was a railroad bridge.
                      The old toll bridge.



I was surprised how well I did, especially since it got pretty hot.  I kind of expected to get tired out quickly since I have done so much laying around during my recent sickness.  But that did not happen.  When we got back to the car, I suggested to Peg that we find a convenience store so we could get cold drinks with ice.  We found a large CROSBY'S and used the restrooms and bought drinks.  Then we found WALES TOWN PARK in Wales Center.  It is a very nice park with two pavilions.  I chose the small one and we had our picnic lunch of egg salad sandwiches and potato chips.  We decided not to do any geocaching.  As we were driving through Wales Center, I recognized the old hotel that Jean and I wanted to eat in several years ago.  We couldn't eat there because she couldn't get up onto one of the high seats.  Connie called early in the evening.  We only talked a few minutes because she was watching for a delivery of an organic mattress pad.  I watched new episodes of THE SECRETS OF HILLSONG in the evening.  While scrolling through FB messages, I found this group picture taken at Finger Lakes Camp Farthest Out in 2001.  I first noticed Muriel, and then recognized several others before seeing Christa in the top row.  I sent the picture to her.
TUESDAY:  I went to the Ladies Life Group this morning.  I think there were eleven of us there.  The meeting went well.  After it was over, five of us: me, Betty, Cindi, Donna, and Glenda went to THE FIELDSTONE for lunch.  I had the baked fish and brought some home.  I talked with Elaine on the phone in the evening.  

WEDNESDAY May 31st.  I had my chiropractic appointment and then went to Aldi to purchase some allergy tablets.  Then I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked the track for a while.  Her daughter, Kelly, joined us.  The three of us went to the DRUMS ALIVE class.  It was fun!  Then we walked a little bit more and then we went to LKPT ENERGY HOUSE.  I had a medium Butterfinger shake.  It was very good.  Jan wanted to go to IMAGINE THAT, but neither Kelly or I wanted to go.  I went home and took a nap.  I prepared asparagus and had my leftover salmon for supper.  I put some olive oil in a frying pan, and started cooking the asparagus on low.  I pressed three cloves of garlic into slivers and added that, and some duck sauce and some Asian seasoning and cooked until done.  It was VERY good.  I started watching TO WONG FOO, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, JULIE NEWMAR on Tubi but switched to THE 1619 PROJECT to see what that was about.

THURSDAY:  I met up with Jan at the Y and we participated in the STABILITY class.  I stopped at the library before going home, in order to read the lasat couple of days local newspapers.

FRIDAY:   I met up with Carrie and Zoe at MSM for Carrie's endocrinology appointment, it went well.  Zoe and I discussed the colonoscopy that Carrie will be scheduled for soon.  I wanted to drive by the Hoover Road house in Sanborn where Carrie will move to in a few days, so I did.  It looked like there were several people inside having a meeting.  I realized that the house is just beyond Lockport Road, so I used that road to drive to Lockport, and went to the SUBWAY on the same road and purchased a tuna sub for my lunch. I watched a bit of tv before taking a nap, since I woke up very early this morning and could not get back to sleep.  I think I slept an hour. When I got up I decided to COOK.....so I started a SALMON LOAF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024