Week Starting Sunday May 21st, 2023

 Sunday the 21st:   I was debating with myself whether or not to go to an urgent care place when Peggy called.  By the time we hung up, I decided to go so I got ready for the day.   I went to WellNow, and was taken right in and seen by a PA.  I was checked over and a Covid test was done, and I can get the results tomorrow.  I stopped at Rite Aide to pick up my Flonase prescription and Zyrtec D which the PA recommended.  I decided to check the freezer area in hopes that they might have some dairy free ice cream and they did, so I bought some.  I ate some before it was time to find my church service online, and it is sooooo good!!!   I called Peg to tell her the results of my visit to WellCare, since she asked me to call and leave a message, but she answered so I told her.  It was about one minute into our church service.  I watched the service online and then called Peg and asked her to get me a CD of the speakers worship songs.  

MONDAY the 22nd.  I slept very well last night, thanks to TYLENOL PM.  The strangest thing happened when I woke maybe around three a.m.  I woke up and immediately had the thought "I CAN'T GO TO MICHIGAN".  It was such a strong thought that I made up my mind at that moment that it would be best if I stay home.  I just do not think I will be recovered enough to drive to Plainwell by Thursday, the day of graduation.  I talked with Peg on the phone, and she thinks I made the right decision.  Jan is disappointed since she wanted to meet Megan.  I didn't do much in the morning, but early afternoon I decided to go out and pick up some fresh vegetables in order to make a pasta salad, and to get a pizza.  I also took some beans and ham and cornbread over to Myrna.   By the time I got home, I was pretty worn out.  After I ate, I tried to take a nap, but the pain in my lower leg kept me awake.  Marlene called in the evening so I could give her the homework assignment for tomorrows Life Group.  Betty also called to see if I needed anything.  The pizza and wings both taste bland, maybe due to my head cold....?  Plainwell High School has been posting pictures of the TOP SIXTEEN graduates.

                                               TOP OF THE CLASS:
Congratulations
to Tyler Keator on finishing in the top 16 of the Class of 2023!
- TYLER’S HIGHLIGHTS -
University: University of Alabama
Major: Physics
Extra Curricular: NHS, Swim Team
Parents: Christopher and Megan Keator
Awards and Honors: National Rural and Small Town Recognition, AP Scholar with Honor
Please join us in sharing your
congratulations
to Tyler and the Top of the 2023 Class for their hard work and dedication to their education while at Plainwell Community Schools! Trojan pride!


  

TUESDAY the 23rd.  It is so depressing to think that I WOULD be on the road for the first leg of my trip to Michigan for Tyler's graduation.  However, feeling the way I feel, it is a good thing I cancelled the trip.  I do not feel good at all.  But, this happened:  

I DID IT! I got a card in the mail telling me how many points I have earned on my credit card. I followed the directions given on the card. Problem is the directions did NOT match what is on the website. Its like it omitted a couple of steps. No matter! I am a genius, and after a phone call to Customer Service and several log in attempts, and MANY attempts to follow the directions, and lots of searching, I DID IT!! ONLY TOOK A FULL HOUR, but I completed the task and have a $25 credit to my account.

It will just about cover the pizza and wings I picked up at MARK'S yesterday afternoon.  

I made a PASTA SALAD with spiral pasta, cut up steak, cut up cooked asparagus and some fresh vegetables.  I had some for supper along with some garlic toast.  

WEDNESDAY the 24th   I was up a couple of times during the night, but I got sufficient sleep.  I waited all morning for a call from Zoe, the Medical Liaison  at Carrie's home, but she did not call.  I am feeling somewhat better, but not ready to resume my activities yet.  I didn't do much today except for emptying the dishwasher.  I tried to nap, but could not fall asleep.  However, when I got up I realized that I am feeling pretty good.  I watched one episode of SMOTHER, an Irish series.  I would have to pay to join PEACOCK if I wanted to watch the rest of the episodes.  Then I found the movie MIRACLE IN THE WOODS. I called Megan, I think it was around nine p.m. to find out if Christa had arrived.  Unfortunately, her flight was delayed and she will arrive later than planned.  Meg said that Bob had a not so good experience with Amtrak.  His first train was HOURs late, meaning he had to spend the night waiting in the train station, which meant that when he got to Chicago, he had already missed his train.  He was put up in a nice hotel with meals provided, and finally made it to Kalamazoo.  

THURSDAY the 25th
I got enough sleep last night but I do not feel as well as I did yesterday.  Jan asked if I feel good enough to go to the HOPE PROJECT and the Polish Bakery, but I don't feel well enough.  I found the movie APPLE CAKE MORTGAGE on HOOPLA, which is provided free by my library system.  

and I also found another movie.  I think the name of it was THE BEST MOM.   Jan brought me over an apple bar from the Polish bakery and some thin mint Girl Scout cookies that she got at THE HOPE PROJECT.  She came in and we visited for a while.  After she left, I found the place online to watch Tylers graduation.  I watched that and then I found the video of the Senior Awards Presentation.  I was kind of shocked that when Tyler's name was called, it became apparent that he was not present.  I was disappointed.


FRIDAY:  I felt pretty lousy in the morning, but I decided to push myself a little and go to the Y for the last WALKING WITH EASE class.  I could only walk a little bit.  Alana gave me a t-shirt.   After walking and cool down exercises,  several people had brought snacks and sweets and Alana had brought some homemade iced tea.  The group picture was taken earlier this week when I was not there.  I asked Fran to send it to me.
 When I got home I watched the last two episodes of A SMALL LIGHT.   Megan posted some really good pictures of Tyler's graduation and his school facebook page also posted some.  I downloaded many of them and added them to my flickr account.

SATURDAY May 27th      I met up with Jan and Pam at the Lockport Community Market this morning.  We checked out all of the vendors.  I think both Pam and Jan made purchases, but I did not buy anything. I left at about 11:30, but Jan and Pam may have stayed longer.  I went home for a few minutes, where i went through my mail.  Then I went to Peggy's house to meet up with Peggy and Gail in order to go out to lunch.  Peggy surprised both Peggy and I with quilts that she had made out of our fathers clothing.  I took pictures of Gail and Peg with their quilts, and Peggy took these first two of me.

                                                                    Peggy
                                                                       Gail
Then we headed out to go to lunch at D'Aviolio's.   I had a burger and they each had a chicken sandwich.  Peggy treated Gail and I to lunch and Gail and I left a tip.  We looked around the gift shop a bit before we left.  Then we went to Paula's Donuts.  I treated the three of us to donuts, and one for Peg to take home to David.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024