Sunday July 16th, Monday July 17th and Tuesday July 18th, 2023

 SUNDAY

Church was very good this morning.  Pastor Craig and Jenny are working at BEAVER CAMP this weekend, so Jim Hood and Lou Mead led the service/sermon which centered on the movie THE JESUS REVOLUTION.   Cherry drinks were offered in the foyer, and big buckets of small bags of popcorn were available in the sanctuary.  I had responsibility for making sure the buckets of popcorn were refilled as needed.  I was happy to see that Lori's son Branden brought her to church and sat with her and participated in the service.  After church, Betty and I met up at ARBY's and had lunch together.  Then I drove home and she picked me up and we headed out to go to the POMERAY SCHOOL, which is the site of the Town of Lockport Historical Society.  The school is open to the public occasionally and today it was open as part of the FLOWER WALK.  Jim Boles, the Niagara County Historian, was there.  I purchased two of his books.  

Part of the school, which was open until 1956, was set up with desks, slates and books.  Jim said that all twelve grades were taught in this school. 
Here is an outside view.  
Jim Boles mentioned that Jean Limm was at the Town of Lockport Community Day.    I overheard him talking with another visitor about the Pomeroy Cemetery, and I asked him for directions.  So, we went there.  

I noticed the different spellings on the grave markers for the last name, some said POMEROY and others said POMROY.  

After that, we decided to to to the Town Hall in the Town of Lockport to check out the event.  It was small, but interesting.  Probably the most interesting part was talking to the ladies and seeing the horses of the Niagara County Sheriff's Office Mounted Patrol.
A few other pictures:  


Rapids Fire Department was putting this crashed car together and probably taking it apart again.  I am not sure why.
In the early evening, I tried to reach Barb, but was unable to.  I was worried a bit since I have tried three times to reach her by her cell phone and her landline phone.  I called Liz, since I thought she might know more, and she said she has not heard from her in a while.  However, Liz was able to reach Barb and Barb called me. It turns out I had the wrong number for Barb's cell.  Barb and I talked for fifteen minutes or so.  She is fine, and we agreed that we will get together for lunch later on this month.  

MONDAY:  This morning I made baked beans, using a new recipe that is supposed to be similar to Grandma Browns.  I was very disappointed with the results, even though I followed the recipe exactly.  Then I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked for an hour with a couple of breaks.  I went home without stopping anywhere.  I made myself a BLT for lunch.  I requested help with the baked beans on one of my facebook recipe groups.  I got a lot of ideas, even though most responders seemed to miss the point of my question and posted their own recipes.  I was exhausted since I slept so poorly last night, but I had a nice nap.  After I got up, I decided to try to salvage the beans, so I added liquid and flavoring and got them back into the oven.  They turned out great!!!!!

TUESDAY the 18th:  I put my baked beans in the cooler/carrier and took them with me. I attended the Ladies Life Group at FREEDOM, but I left a little early to go to the Y for the SENIORS LUNCHEON.   I sat with Jan, Pam and Geneva.  It was a very nice spread of food, but I guess I won't rely on baked beans at a pot luck again since I brought most of them home.  I stopped at the DOLLAR TREE to get some snack items for the trip and at Niagara Produce to get bananas.  I spent a couple of hours getting things ready to pack and then took a nap.  I also called Laurie at CAPEWAY COTTAGES to confirm our cottage rental, and then I messaged Cindi that we need to have cash ready to pay for the cottage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023