TRIP to Cape Vincent and the Thousand Islands: July 19-July 22, 2023

 Wednesday the 19th:   I slept fairly well last night, probably due to taking TWO Tylenol P.M.  I got up a few minutes after 7:30 and took a shower and then had breakfast and then worked more on packing.  I went out at nine a.m. to NorthWest Bank to get some cash and then to the library where I picked up a book.  I was READY at about ten minutes after ten, so I messaged Cindi to say I was ready.  We left my house around eleven a.m.  Our first stop was at 12:30 at a thruway rest area where I purchased lunch at Chik-f-let.  The rest of the drive was uneventful.  We stopped in Dexter and got gas.  Finding our lodging was easy enough. The Red Cottage at Capeway Cottages in Cape Vincent. 


The cottage has everything we need, but the bedrooms are very small, especially mine.  After we got settled in, we drove to MUD BAY to see if we could find a cottage owned by an old friend of Cindi's.  We found it and we looked around a bit, nobody was home.  Before going back to our lodging, we stopped at SNUG HARBOR and had supper.  I had the  Aloha Burger which was very good.  We spent some time exploring the park down the road from our cottage.  We saw an abandoned building which may have been a cheese factory in the past, according to a woman we talked to.

THURSDAY  I slept pretty good last night.  We had breakfast in the cottage and.then to Alexandria Bay, we located Uncle Sam's Boat Trips and found parking and then walked to the CORNWALL Store Museum, which we liked and then found a place for lunch: THE OLD HOMESTEAD.  I had a pulled pork panini.  The boat tour to DARK ISLAND for the SINGER CASTLE tour was great, even though it was really hot and uncomfortable.  I took a lot of pictures. Then the boat took us to BOLDT CASTLE.   I have been through the castle many times before, so I told Cindi that I would wait while she did a self guided tour.  There is a nice cafe, where I bought a cold drink and waited for her.  Then we took the shuttle back to Alexandria Bay.  We walked around a bit, going into a shop or two, before we drove to RIVEREDGE for supper in their restaurant:  WINDOWS ON THE BAY.  I had blackened shrimp which was not really blackened, but it was delicious.  Cindi had a caesar salad with chicken, and she commented that the chicken did not taste right, so she did not eat all of it.  She developed diarrhea a while later.

FRIDAY   First thing today we drove to TIBBETTS POINT to see the lighthouse.  The museum and gift shop were open.  Then we drove to Clayton where we went to the ANTIQUE BOAT MUSEUM.  We had lunch at KOFFEE KAFE, we both had the broiled haddock, and it was good.  We went into a couple of shops, RIVER RAT CHEESE:


and an art gallery.  It started raining a few minutes before three p.m. We headed back to Cape Vincent.  We stopped at ZENDA FARM RESERVE just to see what it was,


but there did not seem to be anyone there.  We drove into CEDAR POINT STATE PARK, just to see what it was like.  They have a LOT of campsites, very close together, a marina and some picnic areas, perhaps they have hiking trails. When we got back to the cottage we rested few hours, before deciding to find a place for supper.  Most places were closed.  The dining room at  Roxy's Hotel Bar was closed, but the bar offered a very limited menu, so we decided to order and then take our food out.  I ordered mild chicken wings but they were not all that mild, and not all that good.  I finished up my leftover salad from Thursday night.  We watched a few videos on Cindi's IPad before going to bed. 

SATURDAY July 22, 2023   Cindi and I had breakfast in our cottage, packed up and left Cape Vincent at ten a.m.  We drove all the way to Batavia where we stopped at PEKING BUFFET for lunch.  I worked on unpacking, rested, watched TV and took a shower.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023