Week of Sunday July 30th through Saturday August 5th, 2023

 SUNDAY:  Jan and I passed out cupcakes and other baked goods as people came into the sanctuary.  After the worship, I started to feel queasy, so I left early.  I stopped at Niagara Produce to get bananas.  I also picked up a ribeye steak, corn on the cob and a baked potato for my supper.  I had a short nap in the afternoon.  After supper, I did my homework for the next Life Group. 

MONDAY:  I went to the Y to meet up with Jan and Pam for a walk, but when I got there, I realized I was a little bit lightheaded, so I decided I should not walk.  So, I went home.  Pam and Jan stayed to walk together.  I stopped at Rite Aid to pick up my prescriptions (I thought) but both doctors have not responded to their request for new scripts.  I realized that I felt much better, so I decided to keep my appointment to meet up with Barb for lunch at FIREHOUSE SUBS.  I didn't allow enough time to get there on time, so I was ten minutes late.  We had a nice lunch together and then went to Paula's Donuts.

TUESDAY:  I met up with Pam and Jan for STABILITY class at the Y.  After the class was over, I asked them if they wanted to go out and take a hike instead of walking the track at the Y.  They both agreed.  I suggested we all go home and pack a snack and a cold drink and meet up at my house and I would drive.  Pam took an awfully long time, but she finally arrived, and we headed out.  They had never been to this place.  I took a few pictures as we hiked but I can't seem to move them from the camera itself.  Anyways, after our hike, we sat at a picnic table in a pavilion and ate our lunches.  Pam used the porta-potty near the picnic area. 


This crop of corn is across from the picnic area: 
This is a picture of my car parked while we hiked.

On the way back to Lockport we stopped at HILLERS, and I purchased a couple of items.  Jan had some peach ice cream.  While she was eating that, I walked behind the Hillers to see the sunflowers:  

I noticed that they have a restroom, so I used it.  I liked this display.
I took a nap in the afternoon and then went to Aldi's to get hot dogs and buns for my supper.  

WEDNESDAY August 2nd, 2023:   I had an appointment at my ENT office this morning.  They recommended a Doppler of my carotid artery and another hearing test.  When I got home, I did some housework and then took a nap.  In the late afternoon, I called Myrna and asked her if she would like me to bring a pizza over to her.  She did, so I ordered a PAN PIZZA from Marks, picked it up and took it to her place.  I also took her some of my refrigerator pickles.  We watched the movie GWEN SHAMLEY: Starved for Salvation.  It is based on a true story, and it was very good.  When I got home, I looked her up and the wikipedia article pretty much backs up the story line. 

THURSDAY:  Before going to the Y for the senior's event, I went to Wal-Mart and purchased panty hose and a few other items.  I also went to Good Will to look for a skirt that might go with my rust-colored top that I would like to wear to Cassy's wedding.   I bought birthday and wedding cards for Cassy at Dollar Tree and picked up lunch at Arby's.  I only had time to eat half of it before I had to go to the Y.
The event was COFFEE CUP BINGO and it was fun.  I didn't win a coffee cup.  Then I met up with Peggy at her house.  She had her car loaded up with books to take to Andrea in Amherst, who will sell them on ebay and donate the money to Jim and Sue Christy for their ministry.  Then we decided to find a place to eat.  We checked out a few places and ended up at Natalie's on Sheridan.  Mediterranean food, which was very good.  Our last stop was at RJ's where we had hot fudge sundaes.  Lucky for me they have dairy free vanilla ice cream, and with a lot of hot fudge sauce on top, it was really good.

FRIDAY:    I had my bone density scan this morning and then went to Rite Aid to pick up some prescriptions and I purchased a few items.  When I tried to use my credit card, I was told that it was not working.  When I got home, I called the company and found out that somehow my account was changed to electronic billing.  I got that straightened out.  Then I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked for about a half an hour.  Then I met up with Gail at TJ's (I think that is the name of the new place) for lunch.  However, I did not really like the looks of the place so I suggested to Gail that we go to COUSINS CAFE in the Bewley Building.  We met there and had lunch, and after lunch we went into the three shops just outside the BB.  Terrior General Store was offering tomatoes from McCollum Orchards.  

I napped in the afternoon.  In the evening, I found this movie, based on a true story.



Saturday Augusr 5th:  I had some bad news this morning from Jan's daughter, Kelly.  Yesterday after going to the fair, Jan, Kelly and Michael went to Mike's place where he had something to show them.  Unfortunately, Jan had a terrible fall and is in ICU at ECMC, with a brain bleed, and a couple of small fractures in her facial bones.  I offered to alert our churches prayer chain, but Kelly said her mother does not want people to know.  I did however tell, Peggy, and she went to ECMC after dropping Yolanda off at the airport for her overseas trip.  However, Jan was having a procedure done so Peg could not see her.  

In the morning, I started getting ready for my trip to the Rennaissance Fair by straightening up the inside of my car and finding necessary maps.  I had to go out for a few groceries from Niagara Produce, so I also went out to SubDelicious on 31 for their Customer Appreciation Day.  They were offering free hot dogs, burgers, pizza, potato salad and soda.  I had a burger, a tiny piece of pizza, potato salad and a can of soda.  Before going home, I went to Niagara Produce for bananas.  I rested in the afternoon.  Kelly called me to report that her mother, Jan, is doing a little bit better, that she and Mike were able to have a brief, simple conversation with her.  Jan said it was OK to put her situation on the prayer chain and that it is fine if Peggy and I visit with her.  I called Peg and passed on the news, and she agreed to go to ECMC tomorrow afternoon to see Jan.  

I called a few people to remind them of the senior's picnic at Widewaters tomorrow after church:  Betty, Lori, Dee and Louise.  None of them were aware of this event!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024