Week of Sunday July 9th through Saturday July 15th

 SUNDAY:  Last night, I pulled out several dresses and skirts from my closet, things that I might wear at Cassandra's wedding.  This morning, I decided to try one outfit on, the one I liked best.  So, after my shower, I tried it on, and I liked it, it fit well and is comfortable, so I decided to wear it to church.   I asked Peggy if she thinks it is dressy enough for the wedding and she said yes.  But I could not wait to get home and take it off!  As church ended, I felt a tiny bit shaky, so I decided to go straight home.  After changing out of my dress, I called Betty since she had not come to church.  She said she had a few stressful days and needed some down time.  Apparently, her car has broken down and repairs will cost a LOT of money.

I fixed a burger for lunch and then took a nap.  After my nap, I called Leslie and suggested that she go see the movie SOUND OF FREEDOM.  She said she will.  She is still suffering from the rash, it bothers her on her hands the most.  She is thinking about getting an air conditioning unit for her apartment.  

I started watching a new series on PBS:  D.I. RAY.  I like it.

MONDAY the tenth.

Cindi picked me up at ten minutes after noon.  She was a little late, which made us late getting into Brockport where we met up with Carol Dupre at THE CUSTOM HOUSE.  
We had a great visit!  

After leaving Carol, we went to SARA'S GARDEN and NURSERY.   I had seen information about their private garden way in the back where they have some "stone wall follies" so that is what we checked out first. 
and a beautiful square water lily pond.  

.

The nursery offers lots of beautiful plants.








We drove around Brockport a bit, so Cindi could show me the present location of Christian Center, the church that used to be known as Founders, etc.  

When I got home, I had messages from Lori and Jan, regarding Lori getting out of the hospital, needing help with meals and arrangements for her to get her car, which has been parked in one of my driveways for several days since she first went into the hospital.  Lori, Jay and one of her sons picked up the car and I gave them some frozen meals and I talked to Lori a bit.  She will be out of work for six to eight weeks. 

TUESDAY the 11th
I got up in time (not all that easy) to be at the Y at nine a.m. for the STABILITY class.  After that class, I walked a bit and used the recumbent bike for five minutes.  Then I went home where I retrieved a message from Mary.  I totally forgot that I agreed to be at Freedom Church at ten a.m. for a group trip to PROMINENT COFFEE in Clarence to see Ben's new coffee shop.  I decided quickly to ask Jan and Kelly to go to see SOUND OF FREEDOM.  I offered to pay if Jan could drive and she agreed.  Then Peg called to ask if I could deliver two of my coolers to the church so they can use them Thursday evening at the Community Garden party.  So I quickly found them, cleaned them out and put them in the back of my car.  I dropped them off before going to Jan's place.  We picked Kelly up on the way.  I underestimated the amount of time we needed to get there on time, but when I purchased the tickets, the cashier told me we had four minutes until start time.  It seems that we missed the first couple of minutes anyways, because we did not see the scene where Teddy Bear and his sister were recruited.  After the movie, we decided to go to FIREHOUSE SUBS for a light late lunch. 
  I love this mural!

They offer three sizes of subs, and Kelly and I had the smallest one.  My sub was very good as was my drink:  cherry limeade.  Then we walked over to Paula's Donuts but found them closed.  

I called Mary to apologize for not showing up this morning for the small group trip to PROMINENT COFFEE in Clarence.  I explained to her that I think God had different plans for me because just before we picked Kelly up, she found out that one of her friends passed away.  So, going out for the afternoon was a welcome distraction for her.  When we dropped her off, she wanted to show us something, and then she did not seem to want us to leave.  We DID stand outside her trailer for close to a half an hour just talking.  I think Kelly was not looking forward to us leaving and her being alone, but I could not stand outside much longer.  I am glad that I invited her to go with us to the movie.  I just LOVE Kelly!!!

WEDNESDAY 7/12  First thing today, I went to AAA and got maps and tourist magazines for my September trip with Paula to Mt. Rushmore and The Badlands.  I also finalized my request for a triptik for the trip to Michigan (going through Canada) for Cassy's wedding.  Then I went to the library and read todays paper and then I went to my appointment with Dr. Kurbs, and then to 7/11 to get a slice of pizza, which I ate while driving to the Y to meet up with Jan.  She and I walked for twenty minutes or so before the DRUMS ALIVE class, and then we went to the craft class, which was held in the hallway outside of the pool, which was not very comfortable or convenient.  We made a round wall hanging.  It took longer than it was supposed to, and mine did not turn out right, I had to make up my own solution, and it is not really good.  Then I went home and rested a while before Paula arrived at five p.m.  We discussed our upcoming trip.  I told her what I learned at AAA today and encouraged her to go in and pick up the same magazines I got about the places we plan to go.  I decided to try the sixty nine cent wings at Papa Leo's so I called and ordered them and picked them up.  They are very good.  I fried up some potatoes and onions to have with them.  Later on in the evening, Myrna called and we talked for an hour or so.  Then I decided I better renew my minutes on my Tracfone before it expires.  I was successful, and used my credit card to pay.   I think it is about $110.00 for the whole year.  I tried to find information online about how many minutes I have now, because I wondered if my accumulated unused minutes are still available, but I was unable to access that information.  

THURSDAY;  I met up with Jan at the Y for the STABILITY class, and then we walked around the track three times, and then I went to Aldi's to get a few things, and then I went home to put them away, and had enough time for a sandwich before I had to leave to pick up Lori to take her to a medical appointment.  I didn't have too much trouble finding her trailer in THE WOODLANDS.  Her appointment took a LONG time.  I finished reading two magazines, which I left there in the waiting room.  Lori asked me if I could take her to a store to get a few items, but I was really tired and a bit sore from the uncomfortable chairs in the waiting room, so I had to say no.  I had time for a short nap before getting ready for this event.
The highlight of the party (for me) was watching Peggy in the bounce house, and taking pictures of her.  













Jan's daughter Kelly and her son Michael and a friend of theirs came.  
Jan, Judy Hoehneker and I did SPIN ART.  
Today at the Y I ran into Fran and I invited her to come to this event, and she came, bringing her friend, Annie!  I was so happy to see her.  When I got home, I had a message from Connie.  She has called a few times, but I have been so busy the past several days that I have not tried to reach her.  

FRIDAY:   I went to WalMart first thing because I need eye drops (Thera Tears) and a couple of other items for my upcoming trip.  Then I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked three 12-15 minute stretches around the track.  On the way home, I stopped at LKPT ENERGY HOUSE and purchased a medium Buckeye shake.   I stopped at Rite Aid and picked up my Atoravastin.  I made myself a BLT for lunch and then laid down for a bit.  Then I got up and started looking at information regarding boat tours in the 1000 Islands area.  Cindi called at about 5:40 and said she was on her way here.  She brought me supper from the MAYFLOWER, a meal that she picked up for Lori, but then Lori was not home so she could not drop it off.  Cindi and I worked on planning our upcoming trip and finally settled on a boat tour and booked it.   Peggy called and asked me if I can help out with refreshments on Sunday.  It will be my job to keep the buckets of popcorn filled and refilled before and during the service.

SATURDAY:   I met up with Pam and Jan at FREEDOM CHURCH, and we waited a couple of minutes for Dee to show up.  Dee followed us on the way to Lori's place in THE WOODLANDS.  And then Dee and Lori followed Pam, Jan and I to CREEKSIDE ASSEMBLY of GOD Church for his event: 
We were the last to arrive and the five of us could not sit together. 


Jan, Lori and I sat at one table and Pam and Dee at another.  The speaker, Pamela Walck was very good.

  I purchased a copy of her book.  I told Lori and Jan that they can read it after me, but then I gave it to Lori since she is recuperating from her surgery, and is at home a lot.  The brunch was very good.  

Dee and Lori decided to go to another event, but the rest of us decided not to go.  Lori dropped me off at church.  When I got back to the north end, I noticed the Community Market was still going on, so I thought it might be a good place to pick up  a tomato so I could make a BLT.  However, all of the tomatoes had been purchased hours earlier.  The Lockport Chalk Festival was going on, so I took a few pictures before going home.  



When I got home, I took a nap and then found THE GABBY PETITO STORY on tv.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024