Sunday August 27th through Wednesday September 1. 2023

 After church, Marlene, Dee, Lori and I went to TACO BELL for lunch.  I ordered the five dollar box, but did not eat all of it.  Then we went to the REGAL to see the movie GOLDA. 


It was the one day a year when they only charge four dollars admission all day, for all of the movies.  Marlene and I liked it, Dee fell asleep but Lori was disappointed in it.  The plan was for me to meet up with David and Peggy at their house after the movie, but when I arrived, they were not home yet from the movie they went to see JURASSIC PARK.  So I left a note asking them to call me when they got home.   As soon as I got home the phone rang and they were just leaving the theater and said I should come at five thirty. It was five p.m. then, so I laid down for a bit and rested until the phone rang again, and it was Cindi.  We discussed the Allegany trip.  Supper at Peggy's house was very good.  David prepared pasta and two sauces (red and Alfredo), meatballs and sausage, and Peggy prepared a salad.  We watched a couple of episodes of STRANGEST THINGS, which is a show (I think) on the Discovery channel.  

MONDAY the 28th:  I spent the day at home.  I wrote up a list of small things I needed to do and I checked each one off.  I spent some time scanning some of Peggy's pictures into her flickr account so I can give the pictures to Christa (the pictures are OF Christa).  Peggy stopped by and stayed a few minutes.  

TUESDAY the 29th:  I had an appointment with the PA Martha Putman at ARTEMIS Health this morning.  It went well, and I decided to wait another year and have another DEXA scan before making a decision regarding PROLEA infusions.  When I left Artemis, I decided to set my navigation system to go to Augustana Lutheran Church in Tonawanda for an event involving tours of the sanctuary to see stained glass windows and more.  I requested AVOIDING FREEWAYS but it insisted on putting me on what I usually refer to as expressways, so I changed my mind and went home. I had lunch and rested a bit, waiting for Peggy to call regarding meeting up to go to ECMC in Buffalo to pick Jan up and take her home.  We left Lockport somewhat later than we originally planned.  Jan was ready to go, and a nurse accompanied her to the main entrance/exit.  When we got back to Lockport, we went to Rite Aid so Jan could pick up some prescriptions.  Then we took her to her apartment.  Kelly and Michael were there, apparently, they had been cleaning her apartment. We stayed a few minutes.  Later on, Kelly called to thank me for all I did since Jan fell and hurt herself.  

WEDNESDAY the 30th:  in the morning I vacuumed the entire apartment, every room. I put a few items in the car.  Then I got dressed and went to TOPS and picked up a few items that I needed.  I went to FIVE GUYS and purchased an order of LITTLE FRIES.  In the afternoon, I rested.  Cassy called and we talked for several minutes.  We made tentative plans to get together for brunch on Saturday, at a place of their choice.  Peggy and I talked about trip plans.  I called Jan to find out how she is doing, and she seems to be doing well.  

THURSDAY:  in the morning, I worked more on packing and getting ready for the trip.  I made some tuna salad for lunch on the road tomorrow.  I took a short nap and shortly after I got up, Peggy knocked on the door.  She had come over to work a bit in the garage.  I left to go to the library to pick up my two tiny paintings and a book I had reserved, and I also went to Niagara Produce and got a couple of items.  As I was leaving, I noticed a display of cards and checked it out and they had some wedding cards so I called Peg and asked her if she wanted me to get one for her to give to Cassy and Quinn.  She said yes, so I picked one out.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024