Week of Sunday August 20th through August 26th, 2023

SUNDAY the 20th:  Church was very good this morning.  After church, I picked up a sub at SUBWAY and had it for lunch, and then took a nap.  I returned to church at 4:30 p.m. to meet up with Betty, Maggie, and Elaine to see the movie SOUND OF FREEDOM.  Lori had cancelled due to something going on with her family.  Nancy came with Elaine.  Both Elaine and Maggie needed seats on the end, so our group split up.  I sat with Gail, across from Elaine and Nancy and behind Maggie.    I enjoyed the movie, even though it was my third time.  

MONDAY the 21st:  in the morning, I firmed up my choice of outfits and jewelry to wear to Cassandra's wedding.  About the time I finished doing that, it was time to get ready to go to the cemeteries with my cousin, Judy.  She picked me up and we went first to St. Patrick's Cemetery to see Aunt Jeanette's grave and then to Glenwood to see my parents grave, her parents grave and our grandparents grave.  Judy never met them since Grandma died when she was a few days old, and Grandpa died a year later.  We had a nice time together.  Judy talked about various places she goes hiking and she spoke highly of Erie County Forest, she said "it is like Narnia".  I have to find out more info. about where it is, where to park and the best place to enter.  

The Erie County Forestry Bureau cannot be put into words how stunningly gorgeous it really is. It's off of the 219 in East Concord, take the Genesee Road exit and the park is literally right on that same road about ten miles down. You will pass the Sugar Mill on your left and the specific trail that I took was on the right hand side.

MAPQUEST says East Concord is about an hour drive from here.

After getting home from the cemeteries, I went to WalMart to return a few items and picked up what I will need to make a batch of baked beans for Myrna's funeral dinner.  I napped in the afternoon.  Betty picked me up to go to the Car Cruise.  We parked at City Hall and stopped to see the new PURPLE HEART Monument. 


Tonight was Elvis impersonator (Terry Buchwald)

night at the cruise. We set up our chairs and then purchased burgers at one of the food stands.

  The performance was pretty good, quite the same as previous years with a couple of new wrinkles, like the hula hoop contest for the kids.  
All of my pictures are here, including a few pics of cars:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/juneny/sets/72177720310658718

When I got home, I called Kelly to see how Jan is doing.  She said tomorrow would be a good day for Marlene and I to visit. I called Marlene and we agreed to meet at Freedom Church at one thirty p.m. in order to get to ECMC around 2:30 p.m., after Jan finishes her therapy and before supper trays are delivered.  

TUESDAY the 22nd:  I was on FB this morning when Christa messaged me and told me about a texting argument she and Megan are having.  UGH.  So close to the wedding.   I met up with Marlene at the church and she drove us to ECMC to visit Jan.  We had a nice visit of close to two hours.  Jan looks really good now.  Most of the bruising on her face has faded, but she has a lump in the area where the surgery was. Jan and her daughter, Kelly, are not getting along at this point, unfortunately.  Marlene and I stopped at the Olympic Restaurant near the Buffalo airport and had an early supper before returning to Lockport.  

WEDNESDAY:  I had a ten a.m. chiropractic appointment, and then I went to the CUTTING CREW for a haircut and a deep conditioning treatment. I spent the rest of the day home.  I talked to Lisa Pichey on the phone.  She and I set a date to get together for lunch.

THURSDAY:  I had my dermatologist appointment, UGH.  The PA went WAY TOO FAST, no way could she do a thorough job.  Then I went to Wegmans to get to get a few items.  I also stopped at the big Niagara Produce.  I put together a bunch of food items that Peg likes and took them to her for a birthday gift.  I took folding chairs and tables out of the back of my car in order to make room for the upcoming trip to Michigan.

FRIDAY:  I had to pick up a prescription at Rite Aid and after that I decided to drive out to MILLERS to get a sandwich and a couple of other items that I need.  I stopped at the ROYALTON TOWN PARK and had my lunch at a picnic table and read some of the new BUFFALO SPREE.  I also worked a bit on cleaning up my car.  I prepared a smoked pork chop, summer squash and potatoes with onions for my supper.


  I called Jan and spoke with her for a few minutes.  We were trying to figure out how long she has been at ECMC.  It has been exactly three weeks today. She is scheduled to be released next Tuesday.

SATURDAY:  I took a lot of stuff out of the car and then went to the place next to JoJo's and used the vacuum cleaner and vacuumed the whole car inside.  I rested in the afternoon and then met up with Peg and David at their house so the three of us could go out for supper at the AMHERST BUFFET t their new location.  Unfortunately, when we got there it was closed, perhaps they have not completed the move from the old place to the new place.  So we ended up at the BEIJING BUFFET in North Tonawanda. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024