Sunday August 6th through Wednesday August 9th

 Sunday 8/6.  Church was very good this morning.  Once a year "The Eastmans" come to our church and they perform and one of them preaches and then they pray for people and often prophesize over them. 


Since there were SO many people in church due to combining Freedom North and Freedom South services into one, the service was divided into two parts.  First the service with the Eastmans and then the prayer/prophecy service.  I left between the two services in order to go get Peggy a salad from Wendy's and meet up with the other seniors at the park across from Widewaters.  Peggy and David were pulling up at the shelter the same time I did.  We moved some of the picnic tables around and by that time other people started arriving.  Some of us brought packed lunches from home (I did), some stopped and purchased food at one of Lockports many fast food places and some purchased items from MARVINS at WIDEWATERS drive in just across the street.   We I think there were about twenty of us. Peg announced the upcoming Ladies Tea at Maranatha, the mini mansion owned by Pat Poeller and her husband.  













I was one of the first to leave, since I wanted a bit of time to relax at home before leaving with Peggy to go to Buffalo to visit Jan in the hospital.   I met up with her at her house around four fifteen p.m. and we took my car and went to ECMC (Erie County Medical Center), where Jan is in the Trauma ICU.  We had a nice visit with her and her daughter Kelly and son, Michael.  Jan's face is all black and blue and swollen and her head hurts.  She is bruised all over her body.  She is so weak and tired.  Mike and Kelly have been spending all of the four hours a day of visiting hours with her.  We had a good visit, under the circumstances.  Jan can answer questions and carry-on brief conversations, but she looks like she will fall asleep any second, and I think maybe she is in and out of sleep all the time (at least for now).  The good news is the brain bleed has stopped, but the bad news is that her blood pressure keeps dropping.  

I relaxed at home in the evening, watching TV and having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my supper.  Peg and I had supper at NATALIE'S, and it was very good.




MONDAY:  This morning I took my car to the TOYOTA Dealer to have the tires rotated, and everything checked.  It seemed to take a long time but I had my book by Yeonmi Park to read.  I stopped at SUBWAY and used a coupon to get a six inch sub for my lunch.  I had lunch at home and then got ready to go to GREAT LAKES IMAGING center in Cambria, for the doppler of my carotid artery.  They had accidentally rescheduled my appointment for the Doppler of my left leg for right after the first Doppler, so I decided to have it done today.  I got gas and went to Niagara Produce before going home.  Then I had a nap and then I fixed supper.  I made chicken and vegetable kabobs and roasted cabbage, and cooked a bit of pasta.  It was delicious. I took another shower in the evening because of all the sticky stuff left on my neck and leg during the dopplers.  Kelly called to report how good her mother is doing.  I am so happy!  Jan will probably leave ICU tomorrow and go onto a regular floor.  I called Peg to tell her, and messaged Megan and Lori.  I will tell the others at Life Group tomorrow.  

TUESDAY:  We had our August Life Group meeting this morning.  I think there were nine or maybe ten of us in attendance.  It went very late!  The group decided to go to the OLIVE LEAF for lunch, but I had an appointment with Dr. Kurb so I could not go.  First I went to Aldi an got a few item.  I spent the afternoon at home.  In the evening, Kelly called to report that Jan has been moved to a regular room (OUT OF ICU!!!!!).   She and Mike are very happy with her progress.  I printed out the information I put together for the Fair Haven/Ren Faire trip.  Now that Jan is doing so well, I feel okay about leaving town.  

WEDNESDAY:  I met up with Pam at her place and we headed off to Buffalo.  We had a bit of a rough time getting there, her GPS app on her phone was NOT doing a good job, and the written directions she asked me to follow were somewhat inaccurate. But we finally got there.  Just as we entered Jan's room, she appeared to be curling up for a nap, so we had a short visit and then went down to the cafeteria and had lunch.  I had a slice of pizza and some broccoli.  When we returned to Jan's room, a nurse was doing an EKG.  Apparently, Jan developed chest pains.  After the EKG, the nurse administered three separate doses of nitro.  After that we had a nice visit.  Pam and I read a few short pieces from a devotional book that Pam had brought in.  We had an easier time returning to Lockport, and then went to Cusimano's and got roast beef sandwiches using a very good coupon that Pam had.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023