Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

 SUNDAY the 10th:  I went to church, which was very good.  The topic was:


and then out to lunch with Lori and Marlene, at Kalamata's.  I had the turkey dinner.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I talked with Mary and Peggy on the phone.  I did a bit of cleaning and straightening because tomorrow morning, Peggy and Betty are coming over to watch a Jack Hibbs video.  

MONDAY:  September 11th, 2023, Betty, Peg and I met up at my house and watched the first of three videos of Jack Hibbs.


speaking about DAZE OF DECEPTION.  It is excellent and we decided to meet again on Wednesday to watch part 2.   Then I went to the Y for the class for seniors called ENHANCE FITNESS.  We were all evaluated as to our speed doing certain activities.  Before leaving, I asked both Jan and Elaine if they wanted to go to LKPT ENERGY HOUSE for a shake.  They agreed, so we met up there.  While we were relaxing and drinking our shakes Captain Kendra D'Itillio of the Lockport Police came in and we chatted with her while she waited for her order to be prepared.  Before going home, I stopped at the Presbyterian Church to see these chalk drawings that Elaine told me about.  The church is celebrating its 200th birthday.  


This is Maltbie Babcock, a former pastor, who wrote THIS IS MY FATHERS WORLD.




and these drawings were done over this past weekend. I can't get the words from THIS IS MY FATHERS WORLD out of my head: 

This is my Father's world,
And to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings
The music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world:
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas--
His hand the wonders wrought.

TUESDAY the 12th:  I attended the Ladies Life Group this morning.  There were ten of us, and it went very well.  Four of us went to THE OLIVE LEAF for lunch:  me, Karen, Shirley and Glenda.  I drove Shirley to the restaurant and then home, her trailer in THE WOODLANDS.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  In the evening, I talked with Leslie and Connie on the phone.  Leslie will join me in ASP for the first few days of my trip.  I found this movie on HOOPLA: 
TEN DAYS IN A MADHOUSE:  The Nellie Bly Story   It is a very good movie.  I should read a book about Nellie.

WEDNESDAY:   Betty, Peg and I met at my house and watched part two of DAZE OF DECEPTION.  We enjoyed it and agreed to meet next Monday morning to watch part three, the final episode.  Shortly after they left, I got ready to go to the Y for the ENHANCED FITNESS class. Before going home, I stopped at FIVE GUYS and got an order of fries for my lunch and then at Niagara Produce for bananas and milk.  I took a short nap and then started making a macaroni salad.  David and Peggy picked me up at 4:30 and we went to BIG SHOTS in Cambria for supper.  
Peggy had a wrap and fries.
         I had chicken fingers with celery and carrots.
David had a HUGE order of garlic/parmesan chicken wings.
David's wings were good (I had one), Peggy liked her wrap, but I was disappointed in my chicken fingers.  

THURSDAY the 14th:   In the morning I showered and washed my hair, and I made a macaroni salad.  A Hearts and Hand driver (Don) picked me up and took me to my appointment with Dr. Pahdi, on Spindrift Drive in Williamsville.  The appointment went very well.  Dr. Pahi was able to explain the whole situation with my leg to me.  New veins have formed around a spot which started out as a blood clot.  Unfortunately, my left leg will always be a little fatter than my right leg, and the discoloration will stay, also.  I can stop taking the ELOQUIS next month (October) when a full year is up, and at that time I can resume taking a low dose aspirin at that time.  He advised me to stay active, and to elevate my left leg when I am resting.  I spent the rest of the day at home, and made a pot of chili in the evening.  I found a movie THE WAY HOME, based on a true story, on PRIME VIDEO, for free with commercials.
FRIDAY 9/15  I spent the better part of the morning filling out my application to recertify for SNAP benefits. I also updated my ASSETS documentation.  I need to send a copy to both Megan and Christa.    I took the application and all of my medical bills that I have accumulated since I last recertified with me. I stopped at the LKPT Energy House and bought a CHOCAHOLIC shake, which was very good. After the ENHANCE exercise class, I went to the library and spent  a couple of hours making copies and getting them organized, and when I was done, I signed and sealed the application and the documents (two envelopes) and took them over to the Niagara County Department of Social Services and dropped them off and obtained a receipt.  So, I took care of this early and in about ten days, I will have a telephone interview.  It is hard to tell whether or not I will still be eligible for SNAP benefits, but I certainly hope that I will.

SATURDAY September 16th:  Jan and I went to the SUNFLOWERS OF SANBORN for their annual craft sale. 

We checked out all of the vendors.  She and I each purchased spices from one of the vendor.  We shared a pizza: 
I took a few pictures, I like this one best: 
On the way back to Lockport, we stopped at KYDD'S Farm Market, mostly to see their flowers, which they offer as U Pick.  

and we also stopped at WLVL for a Customer Appreciation Day, offering free hot dogs, vendors and live music.  

I rested when I got home.  I finished scanning the items Peggy gave me a few months to scan into her flickr account.  They are now in her flickr account and all of the items are in a folder for her to take when she comes here on Monday morning.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024