Week of November 26 through December 1st, 2023

 SUNDAY, November 26th:  Before going to church, I started a large batch of split pea soup with ham in my crockpot. Church was very good this morning.  Marlene, Glenda and I went to APPLEBEE'S for lunch after it was over.  I had the baby ribs with fries and coleslaw, which was delicious. (it was also kind of expensive) It was kind of chilly in the restaurant.  When I got home, and before going into the house, I spent a few minutes straightening out my car.  It got kind of messed up when Peg and I were pulling out my collapsible chairs. While straightening up, I found my missing prescription sunglasses.  I rested in the afternoon.  I talked with Connie on the phone for a while.  My soup turned out very good!  I have tons to freeze for future meals.  I also talked with Leslie on the phone.

MONDAY the 27th:  Peg and I had planned to meet here at my house to watch a youtube video.  However, stuff kept coming up for her, and she kept calling and moving the time back until she finally cancelled it.  So I left for the Y early and stopped at the library and got gas.  I attended the Enhanced Fitness class at the Y.  I went straight home after that and prepared lunch.  I slept poorly last night which explains why I suddenly got so tired that I could not do anything except unplug the phone and go to bed where I immediately fell asleep and slept for at least 90 minutes.  When I got up I did a load of laundry and called Peggy, Gail and Becky to confirm that we can all get together for Becky's birthday celebration on Monday December 11th.  

TUESDAY the 28th:  Becky called this morning and we confirmed the date of Monday December 11th for her birthday celebration lunch at Cafora's.  Life Group was good and then four of us went to LaPorts for lunch:  Cindy, me, Glenda and Karen.  I had the cheesesteak sandwich and it was good.  Unfortunately, I learned today that my brother Mike is in the hospital due to complications following some sort of prostrate procedure, involving internal bleeding and clots.  

In the evening, I found the excellent movie GENIUS 

One day in 1929, a wildly developing book manuscript lands on the table of renowned editor Maxwell Perkins' desk. He realizes that Thomas Wolfe, the author behind the script, is a dazzling talent and develops a close friendship with him.  The movie was very good.    I haven't read anything by Wolfe, but now I want to.


WEDNESDAY the 29th   I puttered around the house a little this morning before going to the Y to meet up with Jan for DRUMS ALIVE.  I also did five minutes on the recumbent bike and walked the track once.  I was kind of craving pizza, but decided to have lunch at home.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  Elaine called to tell me that a date has been set for her knee replacement.  Her sister, Marsha, will come from Syracuse to drive her and be with her for two weeks or so while she recovers and has physical therapy at home.

THURSDAY the 30th  I had my appointment with Dr. Lixin Zhang at Dent Tower.  He is in charge of the DIZZINESS, BALANCE and TINNITUS Center.  He gave me two shots in my my neck which loosened it up and prescribed a med that will calm down a nerve and should help with the tinnitus, which might be related to that nerve and/or the tinnitus.  It is now five p.m. and I think some of the tinnitus has decreased, which Dr. Zhang said might happen, due to the shot.  At any rate, I like Dr. Zhang and am satisfied with what was done and said, and I will return in early February.  In the early afternoon, two women from the 

Healthy Neighborhoods Program  came and tested all of my smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors and replaced a couple of batteries and several of the devices.  After that, I called Jan and asked if she wanted to go to the Y to walk a bit, and she said yes.  I stopped at Home Depot and returned the smoke detector and the batteries I purchased and got my money back.   Jan and I walked off and on for about fifty minutes. In the evening I found the movie THE EDUCATION OF LITTLE ROCK.

SATURDAY December 1st
Jan and I met up at FREEDOM CHURCH (Lori cancelled) and headed to Buffalo for M & T's First Friday, which means we were allowed to pay what we wished instead of the kind of large regular price.  The museum recently reopened after a massive renovation project. 

I think this is "the heart" of the new renovation.

We had a bit of a hard time navigating around the museum.  I think it was easier several years ago when I went with Mary Anne.  We enjoyed our time there.  I kind of liked this 
After we left the museum, we looked for a place for a late lunch and chose Jim's Steakout, on the corner of Sheridan and Belmont.  I had a meal deal, a small turkey sub, sweet potato fries and a drink. 

It cost about $15 because it was an upgrade from regular fries to sweet potato fries.  It was pretty good.

I got out all the ingredients to make a batch of cookies tomorrow.  I watched LADY BALLERS on the Daily Wire, but since I was uploading pictures, etc.  I didn't follow it all that well.  Pam called to tell me that she does not feel well and might not be able to make it tomorrow night.  We were planning on going to a Christmas concert/sing along at NCCC.  I told her to just let me know how she feels tomorrow.  

December 2nd (Saturday)  The only place I went today was to Rite Aid to pick up my new medication, and also to Subway to pick up a sandwich for my lunch.  Peggy came over for a little while and she worked both upstairs and in the basement for a bit.  Pam and I had tentative plans to go to NCCC for a concert and sing-a-long, but we changed our plans and she came over for supper (split pea soup that I took out of my freezer) and we started to watch LADY BALLERS, on the DAILY WIRE APP on my ROKU TV.

but she did not like it, so we stopped after about a half an hour and played a game of SEQUENCE.   I, too, am disappointed in the movie, it is not as clean as I expected it to be.  However, I am impressed with Jeremy Borings acting skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024