Week of Sunday, November 5th through Saturday November 11th, 2023

SUNDAY 11/5  Church was great this morning, Pastor Craig gave a great sermon.  I stopped at MARK's and purchased  a slice of pizza which I took home and had for lunch.  Then I took a nap.  I met up with Jan at the PALACE THEATRE for this concert: 

Pam had agreed to meet us there, but she did not show up.  The concert was more like a high school recital and Jan and I left during the intermission.

Off and on today, I watched the movie ON GOLDEN POND.  I don't think I ever watched it before, but I may have because one of the last scenes when Chelsea learns how to dive seemed a bit familiar.

MONDAY the 6th:  I went to my chiropractic appointment and then picked up a few grocery items I needed, took them home and then went to the Y where I met up with Jan.  We walked a bit and then did the 12:15 class that we both signed up for several weeks ago.  It went pretty well.  I stopped and got a shake at LKPT ENERGY HOUSE.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I worked on my homework for tomorrow's Life Group.  

TUESDAY the 7th:  Life Group this morning went well.  Cindi talked about a small surprise birthday party that she is planning for Elizabeth two weeks from today.  She will turn 80 on Thanksgiving Day. Glenda, Karen and I went to lunch at The Olive Leaf.  I had the turkey club and brought half of it home. When I left the Olive Leaf, I noticed a sign for an "island market" kind of between Dr. Pal's office and the pizzeria.   I need to check it out soon.  I stopped at the library and read the last few day local newspaper.  Spent the rest of the day at home.  Talked with Elaine and Cindi on the phone in the evening, working out the details of upcoming events.  

WEDNESDAY the 8th:  Peg picked me up at ten a.m. and we headed to SCHWAB'S Farm Market.  We used up the produce coupons that I got from the Office for the Aging.  I got the butternut squash for Thanksgiving dinner.  Then we went to the ALDI in Middleport, where we each got a few items.  We stopped at Reid's and I got a hot dog before she dropped me off.  I spent a few minutes at home before going to the Y for the DRUMS ALIVE class. After that, I went home and rested in the afternoon.  At four fifteen, I met up with Elaine an Sarah at Elaine's house and the three of us went to the Covenant Church and picked up turkey dinners.  Both Sarah and Elaine had places they had to be, so I brought my dinner home and ate it.  It was very good.  I watched the movie MONA LISA SMILE in the evening and argued with Christa on FB messenger.  

THURSDAY the 9th: I went to WalMart and picked up a few items I needed and then met up with Jan at the Y.  We walked on and off for a little less than an hour.  I stopped at KFC and purchased lunch before going home.  I rested in the afternoon.  Jan and I met here at my house and Lori picked us up and we went to the Royalton Hartland Community Library in Middleport  for a LEAF PAINTING EVENT. 

We were a few minutes late.  The class went well and I enjoyed it.  I took a few pictures. 






Jan and Lori working on their leaves.

  Some samples that the group leader showed us.

I watched what was left of MARRIAGE and then finished watching MONA LISA SMILE for the second time when I got home.  

FRIDAY:  In the morning, I went upstairs and boxed up my fall decorations from last year, in order to make it easier for Peggy to continue working on getting the upstairs apartment ready for Ben, Susan and Jacob, who are moving back to Lockport from Arizona early next year.  I did a few other things around my apartment until it was time to go to the Y to meet Jan for the 12:15 class.  We both left when the class was over.  I made noodles with tomatoes for my lunch, and then I took a nap.  Pam came over in the evening and we visited and played a game of SCRABBLE.  

SATURDAY:  I decided to stay home today and do some cleaning and organizing and preparations for Thanksgiving.  I baked my squash and prepared it and put it into two containers in the freezer.   I took COWBOY BEAN SOUP out of the freezer and also some corn bread and I called Betty and asked her if she wanted to come over for supper.  She said yes and we agreed on six p.m. I called Donna (a woman from my Tuesday Life Group) and we talked for an hour or so. She has been going through a hard time with depression.  I vacuumed and changed the sheets on my bed and did a load of laundry before taking a nap in the afternoon.  When I got up it was time to get supper going.  Betty arrived and we visited for a while and had supper together and she showed me pictures from her recent trip to Florida to visit her daughter, granddaughter and one year old grandson.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024