Week of Sunday October 12th through Saturday the 18th, 2023

 SUNDAY October 12th:  Church was good this morning.  Betty was late, and Carolyn Pyskaty took her seat.  After church Betty and I along with Glenda and Marlene went to LaPorts for lunch.  We all had the beef barley soup which is soooo good, and I had a grilled ham and cheese sandwich.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I wrote out a birthday card for Nikolai and a card for Betty for her 80th birthday.  I started my homework for Tuesday mornings Life Group.  

MONDAY the 13th:  Before going to Life Group I went to NorthWest Bank to order checks and to cash a check.  HOORAY, I found the $25 check that was missing, a check from one of my credit card companies giving me a refund!  I also went to DOLLAR TREE and purchased a few items, mostly paper goods.  Then I met up with Jan at the Y for our class at 12:15.   I went to WalMart before going home in order to get a sub at their SUBWAY and some milk.  I ran into Andrea Ruddy there and she told me about the documovie BEFORE THE WRATH.   I spent the rest of the day at home.  I found the movie and watched a little bit of it.  I worked more on my homework for tomorrows Life Group.  

TUESDAY the14th.  I made an appointment at the DIZZINESS, BALANCE and TINNITUS CENTER at Dent Neurological and called WNY IMAGING to see about getting copies of my MRI and the report before going to LIFE GROUP which was very good.  After LG, six of us went to LaPorts for lunch:  Betty, me, Glenda, Karen, Donna and Cindi.  I rested in the afternoon and then met up with Lori, Cindi, Betty and Jan at the PALACE for the free dinner and movie.  Marlene joined us, even though she did not have a reservation for the meal.  Cindi shared part of her meal with Marlene.  We ran into Louise and Vicky there.  Vicky did not like the movie, I think maybe she did not have her hearing aids in and could not hear it.  

The pulled pork and macaroni salad were pretty good.  

WEDNESDAY the 15th:   First thing this morning, I made the cranberry sauce for tomorrow's turkey dinner at the Y.  I used the recipe that calls for maple syrup instead of sugar.  I used black cherry juice and I also added some maraschino cherries and apricot marmalade.  Then I went to my ENT's office and asked for copies of my records, including tests, to take to DENT at the end of the month when I have my appointment.  That went well and then I went to WNY Imaging to get a disk and copy of the report on my MRI of my brain that I had done about six weeks ago.  This also went well, but it took a long time for the disk to be made.  When I went to the car to get my license to show the woman making the disc I  could not find my license and I realized that I also did not have my NorthWest bank card.  While waiting for the disk to be made, I remembered where they both might be, with my receipt for when I ordered more checks from NW bank a few days ago.  I had planned to go to the Y for DRUMS ALIVE, but I went home to make sure I still had my license and bank card.  I did!!!   I put together a folder with the tests and reports to take to DENT on November 30th. Also, I called Hearts and Hand and asked for help with transportation to that appointment.  

I had tentatively planned to go to the church in Royalton Center to pick up a spaghetti dinner in the early evening, but I just did not feel like going out, so I didn't.  I made some fruity biscuits (a Bisquick recipe that I made up several years ago), and found a movie on HOOPLA with Hilary Swank, WHAT THEY HAD, which was very good.  

THURSDAY:  I met up with Jan a little after eleven a.m. and we walked the track for about twenty minutes before going down to the gym where the tables were set up for the THANKSGIVING MEAL.  Sarah and her friend Kathy had already chosen a table, so Jan and I joined them.  We watched and waited for Salma and Sabba and they arrived a minute or so before noon, bringing several pies with them.  Another friend of Sarah's, Linda, arrived late and joined us.  The meal was served buffet style and there was a LOT of turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy, plus smaller amounts of several sides.  These pictures were posted on the YMCA's facebook page.
                               I am in this picture, behind Linda and Jan is behind me.



These are the pictures I took:  
These two pictures show the others I sat with.  From left to right, Kathy, Sarah, Linda, Salma, Sabba and Jan.  




  Several people brought cranberry sauce, some of it from cans, so there was a lot left of mine when the meal was over.  I think it was the BEST cranberry sauce I have ever made!!!  I went home after the meal and rested for a couple of hours (even falling asleep for a little while) and then I got ready to go to Olcott Beach for the meatloaf dinner at the Methodist Church.  Betty picked me up.  It was a donation dinner, with the proceeds going to LOCKPORT CARENET.  Unfortunately, I only had a dollar bill and a change purse full of quarters.  So I put the dollar in as well as several dollars worth of quarters.    The meat loaf was not very good, but everything else was delicious! 

FRIDAY October 17th:   First thing this morning, I made a phone call to a local place that does manicures and pedicures.  I asked if I could come in to ONLY have my toenails trimmed and was told YES, that they were already open.  The place is in the TOPS PLAZA and is called SOLAR NAILS.  I was taken right away and a young girl named Cindy trimmed my toenails and I am very happy with the results.  It cost fifteen dollars and I gave her a five dollar tip.   Then I went to Aldi's with my list of stuff I need for Thanksgiving dinner which is six days away.  I found a great small ham, that I will put in my crockpot Thanksgiving morning, to compliment the turkey breast that David and Peggy will be preparing.  Then I took my groceries home and put the cold stuff in the frig.  Then I went to the Y and met up with Jan and we walked for about twenty minutes.  We had planned to go to the class at 12:15, but I decided to skip it and then Jan decided to skip it, too.  I decided to use a good coupon for BK and while eating my lunch (whopper, fries and drink) I read a very good article in a Readers Digest that Peggy gave me.  It was about January 6, 2021, which is often referred to as "The Insurrection", mostly about a few of the policeman who were attacked by some of the rioters.  I had not realized how awful it was for them, and now I have a better understanding of why there were three or four DC cops who killed themselves in the days and weeks after the terrible event.  SIEGE:  AN AMERICAN TRAGEDY by Anita Bartholomew.  My library does not carry it.  Then I went to Home Depot and purchased a new smoke detector to replace the one in my dining area.  However, when I got home, I found the phone number for HEALTHY NEIGHBORHOODS and called, and now have an appointment for them to come on the 30th, and I believe that they will replace the bad smoke detector and put new batteries in the others. So, I may end up returning the smoke detector and batteries I bought this morning.  Which will be fine with me if I can save about $38.00.  I rested in the afternoon, but I could not fall asleep due to having Dr. Pepper at BK.  In the evening, I tried to reach Connie by phone.  Also, I called Sue Rouse to tell her about the upcoming Christmas dinner at Christ Community Church because she went last year and sat with Betty and I.  

SATURDAY the 18th.  Lori came over here in the morning, a little bit after ten a.m.  Her friend who was planning on joining us, I cannot recall her name, cancelled out.  I drove and we first went to The First Presbyterian Church for the first day of their Holiday Craft Fair.  I bought one item, a small gift for Betty who will turn 80 on Thanksgiving Day.  Lori purchased one or two items.
  Elaine at her table with her new friend, Maria.  Maria was friends with Marty Wilson, a friend from my elementary school days who recently passed away.  
   I bought one of these "neck warmers" for Betty.  the light blue item is a "shrug".  Elaine offered to make one for both Lori and I, at no cost, if we purchase the yarn.  
These two ladies asked me about my camera and showed interest in my blog.

  After that we decided to go to LaPorts to get something to eat since we were not sure we would want to purchase anything to eat at the Farm Museum.  I had pancakes and Lori had a grilled chicken sandwich.  Then we went to the Farm Museum in Sanborn for their flea market.  Lori bought a couple of items, but I didn't see anything that I wanted. 
This is one of the buildings at the Farm Museum:  


Before returning to my house, we went to JoJo's for ice cream. They had one flavor of sugar free ice cream which Lori had and I had a hot fudge sundae with dairy free chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream.  It was very good.  When I got home, I put some music on the tv and laid down on the couch, and I probably slept some.  Marlene called a little before five p.m. and asked what kind of pizza I wanted.  She picked it up at CHOPS and brought it over.  I had made a waldorf salad.  We had supper together and then played SEQUENCE.  We had a practice game and then Marlene won one and then I won the last game.  Peggy called while Marlene was here, so we only talked for a minute or two.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024