Sunday, December 31st, 2023 through Saturday, January 7th 2024

 SUNDAY:   Church was good today.  Marlene, Betty and Jan did not come.  Before the service started, Peggy told me that she wanted to talk to me after church.   However, I waited ten or fifteen minutes and looked around and could not find her, so I left.  When I got home, I called her and she said that David had suddenly become sick and he called her and asked here to come home, which explains why she was nowhere to be found. She said she would have to cancel our New Years Eve plans which were for me to go to their house for lobster and scallops  (this has become somewhat of a New Years Eve tradition).  I thought about attempting to set something up with a friend, perhaps coming here to play games, but Lori and Jan are sick, Marlene most likely still has company, Betty does not like to play games and Elaine is recovering from her knee replacement.  So, I decided to just stay home and relax and watch a couple of movies in the evening.  I decided I should accomplish something, so I brought out all of the boxes that I store my Christmas ornaments and decorations in, so they are ready for tomorrow when I plan to put them away.  I tried to reach my granddaughter, Cassandra, by phone but got her voice mail so I left a message.  Most likely she and Quinn are at a music festival or at some other New Years celebration.  Peggy called in the early evening, and we agreed to meet up here at my house to watch a YouTube video tomorrow at ten thirty a.m.  She also told me about another LADIES GAME NIGHT coming up at the end of January at Julie Schultz's house.  Peg and I agreed to go out to a late lunch at WIND  (the Japanese/Thai restaurant where the robots serve the food, before going to Julie's house.  These are the movies I watched (on Hoopla) IT RUNS IN THE FAMILY with Michael Douglas and Kirk Douglas, and SHIPPING NEWS with Kevin Spacey.  I almost turned both of them off in the beginning because illicit and extra marital sex turn me off so much, but I persevered a bit and got past those few minutes.  


NEW YEARS DAY 2023 (Monday, January 1, 2024).  Peggy and I had planned to get together here at ten thirty this morning, but she woke up not feeling all that well, so she cancelled.  I worked on putting my Christmas decorations away.   Everything is away, except for my three ceramic trees.  I will leave those up a few more days.  I baked chocolate chip cookies to take to Donna and Chances event tomorrow and did a load of laundry.  I was thoroughly disappointed with my cookies.  They SPREAD, and are ugly.   In the early evening, I found the movie TRUE GRIT on Pluto TV.   Cassandra called and we talked for a few minutes.  She said her business is expanding and that the Subaru is running well.  

TUESDAY the 2nd:  I slept fairly well last night and got up at seven thirty a.m.  Since I had time, I decided to use the rest of the refrigerated dough from yesterday's baking to bake some more chocolate chip cookies.  I was hoping that chilling the dough for so long would make better cookies, that did not spread.  They turned out somewhat better, but still problematic.  I took the newest batch of chocolate chip cookies to the event.  I also took the bag of homemade hot pads with me. I offered each woman at the event the opportunity to take one, as a late Christmas gift from me. 

I was a bit offended when Cindi said bluntly "I don't want one" because she has several already. Gee whiz!!!   But that's Cindi for you.  We started the event with worship music, that Chance and Donna had cast onto the large screen TV, along with scenery.  The songs were all easy ones to sing along to.  After that Chance showed slides and talked about his recent mission trip to Thailand.

  It was so interesting, especially learning about the various charities that offer help to the impoverished people.  After that, it was time for lunch. Donna had prepared chili, chicken rice soup and asparagus soup, along with crackers and bread sticks.   Cindi had brought a HUGE plate of her homemade cookies and potato chips. Very few of my cookies were taken, and I offered the rest to Peggy, but she only wanted a few.  After eating, it was time for games.  The first game was Bible Trivia, so we broke up into two teams.  The team with Peggy won bigtime, with Peggy giving most of the correct answers.  Then we played BINGO, and I won one of those games, and Karen won the other.  I had to leave at one thirty, and so did Glenda and Marlene.  I don't know how much longer the event went on.   I went to my appointment at EXCELSIOR which went well.  I was exhausted when I got home and collapsed on the couch.

WEDNESDAY:  Peg and I watched a video on youtube this morning.  The title of it is:  GARY HAMRICK:   ISRAEL, HAMAS and the END TIMES, Ezekial 38.  It gave a really good history of the land that is disputed, among other things. After that, I went to the Y for the DRUMS ALIVE class, and I walked a few laps and I also used the recumbent bike a few times, for five minutes each time. I ran into Salma and Sabba at the Y and we visited for several minutes.  On the way home, I stopped at SUBWAY and used a coupon to get a six inch sub, and then I dropped some items off at the Little Food Pantry behind the Emmanuel Methodist Church, and then I went to Niagara Produce and purchased a few items.   I spent the rest of the day at home.  I called Paula in the early evening and we talked for about fifteen minutes.  I offered to take her out to lunch since we missed her birthday, but she declined.  She told me that the treatments she is getting are destroying her thyroid.   After it is completely destroyed, they can treat the thyroid, but not until then.   In the evening, I found a movie on ROAD TRIP (go figure) and watched FBI TRUE (about WACO) and read some in WHY THEY HATE by Brigitte Gabriel.

THURSDAY the 4th of January, 2024    I was awake for a while in the middle of the night, and I guess that was responsible for me sleeping until after 9:30 a.m.  I decided to stay home and get a few things done:  first changing the sheets on my bed and laundering the unclean sheets, then calling my financial advisor (Scott Ode who replaced Kevin Kopek) and then filling out a form to send to Univera accompanied with my SUPER BILL from Dr. Kurbs.  I also made an appointment with BASIL TOYOTA for an oil change next month.  Also, I took down and put away my three ceramic Christmas trees and a couple of other Christmas items.  Also, I paid a couple of bills: Spectrum and TD Credit Card.  Mr. Ode called me back.  On 1/12 or 1/15 he will call me back and we will make a decision on what to do.  Unfortunately, the interest rates may drop in the meantime.  UGH.  Also, I emailed my gynecologist (Martha Putnam) the info about my Vitamin D level on the patient portal.   All of these small things are things I have been putting off since I don't like doing these things.  They are completed now!!!   I went to the library to pick up a book LETTER TO THE AMERICAN CHURCH, and then to Rite Aid to pick up a prescription. I also went to the LKPT ENERGY HOUSE and got a mint chocolate chip shake and got a pizza from Little Caeser's, which was my lunch as well as supper. Deep dish supreme!!!

I relaxed the rest of the day.  I finished reading WHY THEY HATE (for the second time) by Brigitte Gabriel and started LETTER TO THE AMERICAN CHURCH.  

FRIDAY:  Overnight last night, I soaked the rest of the dried beans that Peggy gave me.  This morning, I rinshed then and then boiled them in fresh water for about 20 minutes and then put them into the crockpot, along with some V8, ketchup, chili sauce, zucchini relish, dried onion bits and Mrs. Dash. I met up with Jan at the Y at eleven thirty a.m. and we walked off and on until one p.m.  We saw Fran there and I asked her about her neighbor, Julie, who has a cancer diagnosis with a very poor prognosis.  I met her in the WALK WITH EASE class last spring and apparently she stopped coming to class because she was sick.   The three of us (Fran, Jan and I) prayed together for Julie and her family.  Before going home, I went to the small Niagara Produce and purchased a salad and a few other items.  For lunch I had two pieces of yesterday's leftover pizza.  It is DEEP DISH SUPREME PIZZA from Little Caeser's, and it is very good.  Nine pieces (square) for eighteen dollars or so.  I heated it up in a frying pan on top of the stove, and that worked very well.  I found a made for tv movie, with Hilary Swank (she is VERY young in this movie) THE SLEEPWALKER KILLING, 1997.    It is based on a true story.  My baked beans turned out pretty good, and I have a TON of them.  I also watched the documentary WELCOME TO LEITH, about a couple of neo-Nazis who wanted to turn a tiny town in North Dakota into a nazi town but did not succeed.  

SATURDAY January 6th, 2023, the three-year anniversary of the attack on the capital.   Trump influenced it with his inflammatory speech at the rally that preceded the attack, but I firmly believe that the culture of destruction and violence that was ALLOWED and sometimes encouraged by various politicians had a LOT more influence. Anyways, life goes on.  I slept horribly last night, it seemed to take forever to fall asleep, but after a couple of hours, I finally fell asleep.  First thing this morning, I made an IMPOSSIBLE COCONUT PIE.  Peggy came over this morning and she and I re-watched the Gary Hamrick video that is about what is going on today. After she left, I made blueberry muffins for tonight.  I found a card and made up a thank you gift for Donna, for the really nice luncheon this past Tuesday.  I did a few minor things around the house, mostly putting stuff away.  I really needed a nap today; I was starting to feel shaky around one p.m. but held off a while.  I am pretty sure that I slept for at least an hour, maybe an hour and a half.  When I got up, I made a small batch of blueberry muffins. I left a bit early in order to stop at RiteAid and pick up a prescription.  When I arrived at Peggy and Davids house, they were running behind schedule.   The meal was outrageously good.  We started with smoked salmon and shrimp cocktail. The main meal consisted of lobster, scallops, a beef roast from Aldi's that was very much like prime rib and fruit salad, and muffins.  After that, we watched an episode of FRASIER, and then had desert, the pie I made and some chocolate that Peggy had left from Christmas.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023