Week of January 28th through February 3rd, 2024

 SUNDAY the 28th:  I got a good amount of sleep last night, but in "shifts", the last shift ending at 9:45.  Betty called and asked if I need anything from the store, and I told her no.  I feel much better this morning than I did yesterday morning.  I watched the LIVE service at FREEDOM CHURCH by finding it on facebook and "casting" it to my TV. 

I chatted on FB with Christa a little bit.  Gail and Peggy called to see if I need anything.  In the evening, I called Donna Swigger and we talked for a while.  I watched MISS SCARLETT and ALL CREATURES. 

MONDAY the 29th:  I stayed in bed longer than usual this morning, even though I had sufficient sleep, and then I made myself a steak, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich for brunch.  I called NYSEG in order to have them clarify some things on my recent bills that I do not understand.  They were supposed to call me back but didn't.  I called Spectrum and a fellow named Robert helped me get my voicemail straightened out.  I called US Bank because they have not yet sent me my new credit card and I was told that my last phone conversation with them (when I closed down the 8879 account and requested a replacement account and number) was cut off before the request was finalized.  So, they are putting a card into the mail today.  Betty brought me a peanut donut from Paula's.  It was sooooo good.

TUESDAY the 30th:  I did two Covid tests in the morning and both were positive.  I called my primary's office (Dr. Megan Guntrum) and was told to stop testing since they will come up positive for a few weeks after having covid.  I was told I can go out five days after the first symptom, wearing a mask.   I called Cindi and told her, since I was planning on taking her place at the Life Group Fair this coming Sunday.  Since me going to church would require me wearing a mask, I probably won't go since I can barely tolerate wearing a mask.  Cindi's husband Jack has Covid, also.  She is testing negative so she still plans on going to Virginia to visit her daughter and family.  I talked to Peggy on the phone for a bit.  I cancelled tomorrow's appointment with Scott Ode, and we will meet on Friday.  I read a LOT in the book NOMAD by Ayaan Hirsi Ali.  


It is excellent.  It expands on her first book INFIDEL.  

WEDNESDAY the 31st:  I slept well last night.  Peggy came over for a while in order to work upstairs. I did a bit of housework and took a shower.  I read more in NOMAD.   In the evening, I found the movie FORSAKEN on Hoopla.  

with Kiefer Sutherland.  Excellent!!!!!


THURSDAY February 1, 2024  I went out to do a couple of errands, WEARING A MASK, like the doctor ordered.  First to the Dale Association to pick up a packet of information regarding what documents are necessary to bring when I go in to have my income tax done, and to Rite Aid to pick up a prescription.  I also went to Subway and using a coupon got a six inch sub which I had for lunch at home.  While in Rite Aid I found a set or kit of bottles of nail polish for only $2.50 so I bought it thinking I might paint a few rocks with it.   After lunch, I pulled out my rock painting stuff.  I had to throw some paints and old nail polishes out, and then I painted a few rocks with nail polish and added heart stickers and put clear nail polish over that.  I will put the rocks out a little bit closer to Valentines Day.  I really needed a nap, it seems that just going out took a lot out of me.    For supper, I prepared TRADER JOES frozen butternut squash and spinach, adding the rest of my steak to it.  It was very good.  

FRIDAY February 2, 2024:    I met with Scott Ode, my financial advisor, at NorthWest Bank this morning, transferring some money from Citizens Bank to a new Money Market account at NY.  Then I went to the library to pick up two books they were holding for me.  Then I went to Niagara Produce.  I purchased a beef on weck sandwich and a few other items.  I spent the rest of the day at home, reading UNCULTURED by Daniella Mestyanek Young and resting.  Peggy brought me some LACTAID cottage cheese from Wegmans, and I had some for supper.  

SATURDAY the third:  I spent the entire day at home, reading and watching TV, mostly stuff on youtube.  Today was Stacey Roessler's funeral at FREEDOM CHURCH.  I would have liked to attend, even though I did not know her well, but I would have had to wear a mask the whole time, which would have been uncomfortable.  Peggy said the funeral went well and there was a lot said about her quirky sense of humor.  The after funeral meal was held in Niagara Falls, NY.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024