WEEK of February 18th through the 24th, 2024

 SUNDAY the 18th:  I had a message from Jan this morning saying that she broke her wrist!   The weather was not good this morning and when I got up, I told Leslie that I did not feel like going to church today.  So, we watched it online.  It was very good. Marcus McFolling was great!!!!! 


Before church started, Marlene Perkins had some sort of episode involving dizziness (I think) and 911 was called and she was taken to the new hospital here in Lockport.  Peggy called me after church to inform me.  She was released after a few hours.  Apparently, it was a blood pressure issue, perhaps relative to a new medication she started recently.

 Except for when Leslie went out to get gas, we spent the day inside where it was warm. I made French toast for breakfast and Hawaiian pizza for lunch, both turned out very good.  We finished watching FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, and in the evening, we watched the season finale of ALL CREATURES GREAT and SMALL.  We played a couple of games of SEQUENCE and BANANAGRAMS.  

MONDAY the 19th:  Leslie got up early and went to Niagara Falls for a birding event.  While she was gone, I did my homework for tomorrow and started to prepare for leading Peggy's FREEDOM GROUP on Thursday.  She arrived back here a little after three p.m. and we decided to go to WIND for their all you can eat meal.  WIND was a real experience.  You place your order using an IPad: 

  Between us, we ordered nineteen items, most of them were very small.  Some of our items were delivered by robots, like this one!  

but some were brought by servers.  This is my salad and coconut soup.  
The California Rolls were very good.  


We were at our table for over two hours, mostly because we were not familiar with the process!  

I went to bed a little after nine p.m. and read for a while.  I was up at least two, but I think THREE times to go to the bathroom, due to all the water I drank during the meal at WIND.

TUESDAY the 20th.   I prepared scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast for Leslie and I.  She left a couple of minutes before I had to leave for Life Group.  It went great!!!  Glenda, Karen, Vicky and I went to LaPorts for lunch.  I had the cup of soup with a half a sandwich (one of the daily special).  I spent the rest of  the day at home.  In the evening, Cindi called, and we talked for a while.  I called Leslie to make sure she got home OK.  She took her time and stopped several times mostly to do some birdwatching.  I worked on preparing for Thursday's FREEDOM GROUP.  

WEDNESDAY:  in the morning I prepared for tomorrows FREEDOM GROUP.  I decided to go to the DRUMS class at the Y.  I called Jan and asked if she wanted to ride along just to get out of the house, and she said she was in quite a bit of pain and wanted to stay home.  The class went well.  I had lunch at home and rested in the afternoon.  I found an interesting documentary on the History Channel:  ALCATRAZ ESCAPE:  THE LOST EVIDENCE.

THURSDAY:  I arrived several minutes early to FREEDOM CHURCH in order to prepare a bit for the third session of Peggy's Freedom Group, which I facilitated, since she is on vacation down south.

 Donna and Lisa arrived at the very same time, which hindered me a bit.  The third person to arrive was Paula, who was a little bit late.  Andrea arrived quite late, due to a "few hiccups" she experienced this morning.  Anyways, the meeting went quite well, with LOTS of sharing.  I stopped on the way home and picked up a small sub at SUBWAY, using a coupon.  I spent the rest of the day at home. 

FRIDAY the 23rd of February.  I had two goals for this morning.  1. to call the person I have been chosen to mentor through a new program at FREEDOM CHURCH, and to start getting all of my income tax info. for 2023.   I made the call, leaving a message, and I was able to get everything ready for my appointment in a few weeks to have my taxes done at the Dale Association.  I also managed to change my sheets and do a load of laundry.  Then I went to the library to pick up a couple of books I had on reserve.  I also went to Niagara Produce for a few items and to the Chinese take-out place on Main Street to pick up lunch.  I called Pam and asked her if she wanted to come over this evening, and she agreed.  I took a nap in the afternoon.  Pam arrived at six p.m. bringing snacks with her.  We played one game of SEQUENCE and one game of SCRABBLE and then watched some current news on CBN in Jerusalem and then we watched last night's episode of LAW AND ORDER SVU (it was excellent).  

SATURDAY:  I called Elaine in the morning and reminded her of the turkey dinner in Olcott tonight.  She agreed to pick me up a little bit after four p.m.  In the morning I vacuumed and did some straightening up, and worked on my homework for Tuesday.  Elaine picked me up on time, and we got a good parking spot right in front of the door to the dining area.  We sat with a second cousin of Elaine's and his wife:  Bob and Deanna MacFarlane.  They are very friendly.  They live in Wilson and go to the Exley church there.  They both preach once a month at the Third Presbyterian Church in North Tonawanda.  The turkey dinner was scrumptious!!!!  Bob and Deanna raved about the new Mexican restaurant in Wrights Corners:  Manito's.  Elaine and I stopped in Wrights Corners to scope it out.  It looks like a nice place, and there were LOTS of cars in the parking area.  When we got to my house, Elaine came in and we played a game of SCRABBLE.  Elaine won!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024