Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

 SUNDAY:  I started feeling kind of shaky and week during worship at church this morning.  So, I had to tell Marlene that I needed to go home after church instead of going to North Tonawanda with her.  Our plans had been to go to Joey's Place for lunch and then to the Riviera Theatre for the free organ concert by Camden Church.  I stopped at Mark's and got a slice of pizza to take home for my lunch.  It was not very good; I am sure it was left over from yesterday.  I found an episode of BROKENWOOD MYSTERIES on Hoopla and watched most of one episode until I started dozing off on the couch.  I spent the rest of the day resting at home, but I started working on planning for Thursday mornings FREEDOM GROUP, which I will be facilitating.  

MONDAY:  I had my chiropractic appointment and then went to the Y where I walked 15 minutes and then used the recumbent bike for five minutes. Then I returned a bottle of cranberry juice to Aldi and got a refund.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I worked on preparing for the FREEDOM GROUP on Thursday morning.  

TUESDAY:  I picked Jan up a little after nine thirty a.m. and we went to Freedom Church for Life Group.  There were 13 of us there, and the meeting went well.  Several of us met up at Wendy's for lunch.  I had the five dollar Big Bag.  Jan and I were the first to leave, since we were headed to her appointment with the hand doctor at Excelsior on Sheridan Drive.  We arrived somewhat early, but she was taken in right away.   Her appointment was for two p.m. and I think she was taken in at 1:35.  She did not come out until four p.m.  She has a new smaller splint that she says is more comfortable and she has to make a decision about whether or not to have surgery.  It was raining then, so I went to the car and drove it to the front door to pick her up.  When we got back to Lockport, we first went to JB Computers to pick up her laptop.  I got home at five p.m. very worn out and I did not accomplish much for the rest of the day.

WEDNESDAY the 28th:  In the morning, I prepared for FREEDOM SESSION FOUR, tomorrow morning.  Then I went to the Y and did the DRUMS ALIVE CLASS and walked a couple of laps and did five or six minutes on the recumbent bike.  Then I went to Dollar Tree, hoping to find canned butter beans. No luck.   I decided to go to the LKPT Energy House for a shake for my lunch.  I ordered my usual MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP.  However, after a few sips of it, I realized that it definitely was not like my past shakes. I took it back and the woman working there gave me my money back, after explaining that they are using a new and different product.   So, I went to Arby's and got two sandwiches for six dollars.  I ate the fish sandwich on the way to the library, where I picked up a couple of books and read today's paper.  

I rested for the rest of the day.  I found the movie SLEEPERS.   




on Hoopla and watched most of it in the evening.  I made peach dumplings.  I also started watching a new series TRACKER.  

THURSDAY:  I led Peggy's FREEDOM GROUP this morning and it went well.  I spent the afternoon at home.  I met up with Lori at FREEDOM and she drove to the Olive Garden in Cheektowaga where we met up with Karen Marie and three other women who are a part of WESTERN NEW YORK CHRISTIAN WOMEN for a LEAP DAY DINNER.   We had supper together and prayed together and learned of upcoming events that Karen has set up. Our server, a young man who called himself Nav was very helpful and friendly, and he was interested in our group.  I gave him one of the cards Karen gave me and he said he will give it to his grandmother who lives in Batavia.   

FRIDAY:  I slept in a bit and then prepared BANANA PANCAKES for breakfast.  I called Peggy at ten a.m., just to check in and see how they are doing.  She said they got home late last night.  This morning, she is dealing with an issue with Yolanda, who went to the ER after a fall in her apartment. I spent the day at home, working in the kitchen preparing meatloaf and cold pea salad.  I watched the last episode of Season One of THE GILDED AGE, in order to refresh my memory before I start watching Season Two.  

SATURDAY:  I met up with Lori at Freedom South and she drove us to Creekside Assembly of God

for this event. 

The only other people there that we knew were Pam Campanini and Karen Marie.  Our speakers name was Kathi Mitri and she was excellent.  She told about how she was hitchhiking when she was young (I think 18) and the man who picked her up took her to an abandoned house and attempted to take her inside, but she escaped.



The speaker was excellent.  The brunch was very good.  I don't know where they purchased the sandwiches, but the double decker turkey sandwiches, with tomatoes and lettuce were absolutely HUGE and I could not finish mine.

When I got home, I had a message from Peggy so I called her back.  She gave me the sad news that Ginny Kirkpatrick passed away today, a couple of days after having surgery.  I passed this news on to Lori and Betty.  I spent the rest of the day at home, taking a nap, fixing supper for myself and watching television.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023