Week of March Tenth through March 16th, 2024

 SUNDAY the 10th   In the morning while I was getting ready for church, I finished the final episode of the second season of THE GILDED AGE.   I picked Jan up and we went to Freedom Church.  We sat with Glenda and Marlene.  Betty did not show up.  I am starting to be concerned about her, she is not very interested in going to church or Tuesday morning Life Group anymore.  After church, Marlene, Glenda, Jan and I went to THE OLIVE LEAF for lunch.  I had a BLT with sweet potato fries.  When our server was delivering our food to our table, half of my BLT slid off of the plate and fell apart.  She took the whole sandwich back to the kitchen and they made me a fresh one.  The rest of our lunch was uneventful.  After finding a mailbox so Jan could mail a few letters, I dropped her off.  

MONDAY the 11th:  I spent the morning at home, doing laundry and changing my sheets, and attempting to cancel my subscription to the DAILY WIRE before they charge my credit card.  This was impossible, so I called my credit card company and had them block future payments.  I went to my WALK WITH EASE class.  Today we walked fifteen minutes.  It is DAY 157 of the Israel/Hamas war in Gaza.  

I re-watched the first two episodes of Season One of THE GILDED AGE.  I had forgotten so much from when I watched it a little more than two years ago when I went to Colorado to help Christa after her double wrist surgery.

I prepared myself a nice supper of chicken tenders, roasted red potatoes and a combination of broccoli and asparagus that I steamed, also garlic toast.  

I worked on the homework for tomorrow's Life Group.  

TUESDAY March 12th.  Life Group was good.  When it was over, six of us decided to go to Molinaro's for lunch.  They recently opened a new dining room.  Cindi, Lori, me, Betty, Karen and Glenda went.  I had the half PHILLY SUB with french fries and a drink.  It was very good!!!!  I spent the rest of the day at home, not really accomplishing anything.  

WEDNESDAY the 13th:  I slept poorly last night.  I got up and got ready for the day, but I realized that I was shaky and weak, so I did something I never did before:  started taking a nap in the morning!  Lucky for me, I fell asleep almost right away and slept (I think) about an hour and a half.  I woke up when Peggy and Gail came in.  They went upstairs to work on getting the upstairs apartment ready for Ben and Susan to use when they move from Arizona back to New York.  Anyways, I got up when they arrived and got ready to go to the Y.  Class went well.  I ran into Debby, and we sat and talked for a bit.  She told me about having a heart attack a few years ago.  I stopped at DOLLAR TREE to get some of the very small cups of Ben and Jerry ice cream, and I picked up several other items including a frozen pizza for my late lunch.

THURSDAY the 14th:  I went to the DALE ASSOCIATION to get my income tax done.  Nancy, the same woman I have had for a couple of years did mine.  I will get sixty dollars back from the feds.  I called Pam to tell her I was done, since she and I had agreed to meet up at MIGHTY TACO for lunch.  She was just finishing up coloring her hair.  I told her not to hurry because I needed to go to the DOLLAR TREE to get a few items.  I took my time and then went to Mighty Taco.  I had a book with me, so I was reading while I waited.  Finally, she texted me to say that she was at TACO BELL.  We finally met up and had a light lunch.  She was upset from a conversation about politics that she had with either her sister or her cousin.  She said she felt like getting in her car and just taking a long ride.  I offered to drive and she agreed.  We went out to MILLERS and each had a donut. 


Then we drove down a couple of back roads, starting at Marshall Road, which is just east of Millers.  It was a nice, relaxing afternoon.  Just as we started to talk about heading back to Lockport, it started to sprinkle.  

FRIDAY March 15th, 2024  In the morning, I did some puttering around, putting stuff away, etc.  I scanned a bunch of Peggy's pictures into her flickr account.  Pam called and invited me to go with her to the St. Patrick's Day party at the SHAMUS.  I don't know if I would have said YES if I didn't have my WALK WITH EASE CLASS this afternoon.  I went to WALK WITH EASE.  The class went well.  I don't know why I was so wiped out after the 15 minute walk.  Unfortunately, I needed milk and another bottle of OSTEOBIFLEX, so I went to WalMart before going home.  In the evening, I found the movie AN AMERICAN CRIME on tubi. 
I may have watched this true crime story before or read a book about it or seen the same story told on 60 Minutes or one of the other nighttime news shows.  


SATURDAY  March 16th, 2024  
I should be ashamed of myself for staying in bed until about ten thirty a.m.  I had a late breakfast of french toast, banana and cottage cheese.  I did some housework: cleaning out the two top shelves of my frig and the bottom part of my small closet off of my living room.  I showered and rested a bit on the couch before Elaine came to pick me up to go to ALL SAINTS for their annual St. Patrick's Day dinner.

The meal was delicious. 

drinks were included (even wine), as well as a nice assortment of deserts and shamrock shakes.  BUT, the best part was that I won the fifty/fifty which amounted to $160.00.  

Elaine and I had each purchased five dollars worth of tickets.  Five dollars' worth of tickets for the basket raffle (there was one basket). and five dollars for the 50/50.  
Here is a group picture which excludes me since I was the photographer:  
Joyce, Sharon, Nancy, Sarah and Elaine.   Joyce and Sharon are new friends that the rest of us met for the first time.  I got their facebook names so we can keep in touch and maybe meet up at the same place in March of next year.  Here are a couple of  the other pictures I took.  

It was a fun evening!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023