Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023

 SUNDAY:  I decided to go to TOPS before going to church, hoping to get some IRISH SODA BREAD.  They had it (right inside the front door) so I got it, and a couple of other items. Church was excellent, the sermon was about HELL!!! 


 After church I took my groceries home and put the garbage out and changed into jeans before meeting up with Glenda, Elaine and Betty at LaPorts.  They all had corned beef and cabbage, but I had the turkey dinner.  I brought most of it home.  Pam called and wanted me to go to a musical event at a church, but I really wanted to spend the rest of the day at home.  I had a nap.  I scanned some of Peggy's NURSING HOME MINISTRY at Mt. View into her flickr account.  I found a movie: I ACCUSED, based on a true story.   

 MONDAY:  I had my chiropractic appointment this morning.  I did some jobs around the house until it was time to go to the Y for my class.  It went very well.  I stopped at THE DOLLAR TREE to get some cookie mixes.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I watched three episodes of THE GILDED AGE.  Then I watched DANTE: INFERNO TO PARADISE.  

TUESDAY the 18th:  Winter is back, it started snowing lightly yesterday and has continued and accumulated a bit.   I picked Jan up and we went to the Ladies Life Group.  After that, I drove her to Excelsior Orthopedics for her appointment.  Even though we arrived early, they took her right in, and it was not long before she came out with a new cast and the good news that she will not need surgery after all.  On the way back to Lockport, we stopped at PetSmart so she could pick up some cat food.  I helped her get her stuff up into her apartment.  When I got home, Peggy was just arriving, and she worked upstairs while I took a short nap.  Later on, I went over to their house for corned beef and cabbage.  I took Irish Soda Bread (from TOPS) and ice cream. 


We watched one episode of YELLOWSTONE, which didn't really mean much to me since I have not watched the previous episodes.  

WEDNESDAY:  TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING 2024.  It is cold outside, and windy, and snowing off and on in the morning.   I called Becky this morning to tell her that Royalton Center Church will be serving their spaghetti dinner inside tonight, for the first time since the beginning of the Covid shutdown.  She said she was not sure if she wanted to go, and then she started talking about her cell phone problems.  She has had about six phones from a few different companies, and none have worked right.  She has one from CONSUMER CELLULAR now and has not had any luck getting any customer service to help her figure out a few things, and she does not know where the nearest CC store is.  I told her I would find out and I did, using the internet, and I called her back to tell her it is in the TARGET in Amherst.  She said she needs someone to go with her.  I told her that I could go, after my meeting with Nicole at GYPSY KITCHEN at eleven.  So, we met up in front of BIG LOTS and I drove us to TARGET.  Unfortunately, the man from CONSUMER CELLULAR was not there.  We were given his phone number and told to call on a Monday, Thursday or Friday to make sure he is there, and to set a time to come in.  On the way back to Lockport, we stopped at Chiavetta's and had lunch:  fried bologna sandwiches, with two sides.  I dropped Becky off at her truck and made it to the Y in time for the WALK WITH EASE class.  It went well.  Then I went home.  A couple of minutes after I got home, Peggy arrived and went upstairs to work on the upstairs apartment.  I laid down on the couch for about an hour.  Peggy left and I got ready to go to Royalton for the spaghetti dinner.  I met Marlene there and we had supper together.  I purchased two dinners to take back to Lockport for Peggy and David.  The plan was for them to pick them up at my house, BUT as I drove down Grand Street, I would have passed them coming the other way.  We caused a bit of a traffic jam when we stopped so David could get out and grab the dinners from the backseat of my car.  In the early evening, I called Becky to tell her that I can go back to Target with her on Friday, BUT I got the good news that between a neighbor and another call to Consumer Cellular, she is now able to do everything she wants to do on her new phone!!!  I am very relieved.

THURSDAY the 21st of March:  i didn't do a whole lot in the morning outside of getting ready to go to the Senior Social at the Y.   I picked Jan up at 11:30 and we went to the Senior Social, it was just starting when we arrived.  We dipped "goodies" into chocolate.




  After that, Jan and I went upstairs and walked the track for about 12 minutes and then I took her home.  When I was driving between the Y and Jan's place, I noticed that my registration on my car was going to expire at the end of the month.  So, I decided to stop at the DMV before going home.  I guess I went at a very good time because it was not crowded and I was in and out in probably fifteen minutes!!!!  

FRIDAY:  first thing in the morning, I straightened up and vacuuming since Lori and I planned a get together at my house in order to celebrate her birthday with pizza and games.  However, she backed out after checking out the weather situation.  So, we will do it on Monday.  I decided it would be a good idea to get groceries this morning, so I went to Aldi and got them, and then I went to the Y and walked the track for twenty minutes.  Brianna told us on Wednesday that she would not be there for the Friday class, but that she wanted us to come in and do our walking.  So, I did my twenty minutes, but I did it early, instead of waiting until the regular class time of  two p.m.  On the way back home, I stopped at Little Caesers and got a pan pizza.  I was putting groceries away when Leslie called.  We talked for fifteen minutes or so.  Shortly after that, Peggy came over to work upstairs getting the apartment ready for Ben, Susan and Jacob.  Gail came shortly after that.  Ben's family plans to leave Arizona tomorrow morning and drive for about four days to get here.  

SATURDAY March 23, 2024

In the morning, I helped Peggy upstairs for maybe an hour and a half.  I vacuumed, straightened the closet, put fresh sheets on the air mattress and more.  After that, I took a shower while Peg finished up and I prepared lunch for us.  I uploaded some pictures into Peggy's flickr and my flickr.  I prepared myself fried potatoes, butternut squash and a ribeye steak with onions and mushrooms for supper.  I finished reading this book:  

It is about a Long Island woman named Margaret/Peggy who was mentally ill and very dissatisfied with western civilization and converted from Judaism to Islam and went to Pakistan to live with an older man and his family.  She spent some time in a mental institution before getting married and having four or five children.  The author found boxes of her artwork, letters, etc. in a public library and tried to piece her story together, even going to Pakistan to meet her.  In the evening, I wanted something light to watch on TV and chose WILLIE AND ME on Hoopla. 
It is really a strange movie.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024